Questions about MECA

itsblown
10+ year member

why is there smoke?
Toledo OH
So I went over to the MECA site and read through the rules of the first three classes like amatuer and street and things and it only listed what you could and could not do to the car itself Such as deadening and electrical upgrades but I didnt see any restrictions about power or cone area. Is there an rules to how Much power you can run and how many subs and size you can run in each class? Im trying to figure it out because Im purchasing a new sub stage this summer and hope to compete with it from time to time.

yeah there's a power classification page i before it gets into specific class rules. the formula is fusing x 10 + cone area

as1/s1/m1 - 550 formula points and no more than 1500wrms rated power

as2/s2/m2 - 1000 formula points and no more than 3000wrms rated power

as3/s3/m3 - 2000 formula points and no more than 6000wrms rated power.

no power restrictions on on s4/m4, but up to 4000 formula points

no power restrictions on s5/m5 and unlimited formula points (for the ppl that don't use fuses usually)

yeah there's a power classification page i before it gets into specific class rules. the formula is fusing x 10 + cone area
as1/s1/m1 - 550 formula points and no more than 1500wrms rated power

as2/s2/m2 - 1000 formula points and no more than 3000wrms rated power

as3/s3/m3 - 2000 formula points and no more than 6000wrms rated power.

no power restrictions on on s4/m4, but up to 4000 formula points

no power restrictions on s5/m5 and unlimited formula points (for the ppl that don't use fuses usually)
so If I have an amp for my mids and Highs does that go into the formula as well? if it is included into the formula am I aloud to just un hook it when doing my runs?

Also are we aloud to use circuit breakers?

Also what class would you reccomend for someone who has never competed before?

so If I have an amp for my mids and Highs does that go into the formula as well? if it is included into the formula am I aloud to just un hook it when doing my runs?Also are we aloud to use circuit breakers?

I dont think so. just bass. sub amps and subs SPL.

so If I have an amp for my mids and Highs does that go into the formula as well? if it is included into the formula am I aloud to just un hook it when doing my runs?Also are we aloud to use circuit breakers?

Circuit breakers are not considered fuses, ANL,mini ANL, and AGU fuses are the most common and are legal , and the value must be stamped in the metal part of the fuse as well

And the AS classes are set up for beginners, it is done with the car off, and peak hold on music

If you are in amateur street classes or park and pound there needs to be audible midrange so you cannot unhook your mids and highs. AS and park and pound are music only, the other classes allow the use of test tones. AS is also done with the engine off. Park and pound and the rest of the classes allow the engine to be on and revved to 2k. Not sure about the use of circuit breakers.

AS allows one extra battery in as1 and as2 and I think you are allowed 2 extra batteries in as3, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know that they are imposing size restrictions on the batteries this year, then next year there will be amp limitations and stricter rules in the lower classes.

If you have never competed before, just shoot for amateur street.

Circuit breakers don't count as fusing and only fuses 18" or closer to your sub amp(s) count (so that fuse under the hood is not used). Amps not for substage are NOT part of the formula. You are better suited doing amateur street unless you are running more than 6k then u must do a street or mod class.

So to help further tell us what u are using and ill give u an idea of the class u want to shoot for. Also what kind of vehicle?

Circuit breakers don't count as fusing and only fuses 18" or closer to your sub amp(s) count (so that fuse under the hood is not used). Amps not for substage are NOT part of the formula. You are better suited doing amateur street unless you are running more than 6k then u must do a street or mod class.
So to help further tell us what u are using and ill give u an idea of the class u want to shoot for. Also what kind of vehicle?
Well theres the thing Im kinda trying to plan out my future install to make sure It doesnt put me into some upper class I dont have a chance in hell at. I drive an 03 focus 2 dr hatchback similar to this

focus.jpg

and since the fusing under the hood isnt counted does that mean I could run 2 12s? and be in amatuer or is it more like having the option of choosing between 3 8's 2 10's or 1 12? The hole formula thing confuses me a little bit

What class would i be in.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

No extra battery

No big 3

Car has been deadened ( not the roof though)

Sundown 1500D

4 Sundown SA8s

I have a big *** fuse though, what size should i use.

What class would i be in.
2000 Ford Focus ZX3

No extra battery

No big 3

Car has been deadened ( not the roof though)

Sundown 1500D

4 Sundown SA8s

I have a big *** fuse though, what size should i use.

Your class would be dependent upon what size fuse is within 18inches of your amp.

Cone area of your subs is 50.27sq in per sub x 4 = 201.06 so add that to the result of the size of your (fusing x 10) that is within 18inches of the amp

For example if you have a 50a fuse within 18inches of the amp, you will have a pressure class number of 701 which means you could go in 2nd level of whatever class you qualified for. If you wanted to meter with music and the engine off, you will be in AS2 (551-1000)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.