Questions about HT

basically want i wanna do is run my dvd player and xbox 360 off of it and play some cd's. this setup came with some little 6.5" subwoofer, so i can just replace that with my brahma, and then get 2 book shelf speakers? what if i ended up selling the brahma and just went with towers? where do i begin designing one? also i see they sell kits, are those any good?

Well.... Have you designed any full range speakers before??? If not... See Parts express projects and READ READ READ READ.... Also check out some of the projects if you can find them over on HTGuide... That is if you have your little heart set on DIY!

Well.... Have you designed any full range speakers before??? If not... See Parts express projects and READ READ READ READ.... Also check out some of the projects if you can find them over on HTGuide... That is if you have your little heart set on DIY!
no i haven't but i have no idea where to start and what is needed.

Well start with figuring out if you want 4 or 8 ohms (I would go 8). Then figure out what type system you want. 2-way, 2.5-way, 3-way? Then pick your tweeter, then your mids, then your low driver (if a 3 way) Design a box, then design a cross-over with phase compensation and impedance compensation that works with your box tuning and drivers. Don't forget to displace deadening and bracing. Which you will want. Then build it and put it all together going with a nice finish so it doesn't look like a PVAudio project.

My HT looks kinda like a lemans project...

Still a little superior though.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

nG

HT's are great but I'd rather have a very good 2 channel setup than a mediocre 5.1 setup. There seems to be too much emphasis placed on the amount of speakers just like in cars. Regardless of how many channels you have, the majority of sound in 5.1 comes from your front three speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.