Whats Wrong?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SEVEN_ELEVEN
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well ever since I got my subs in and hooked up i've been really happy with them. But lately i've let a few people listen to my setup and everyone that has heard it says it should be louder. A kid at my school recently got 2 10" Infinity Reference's powered by a 2-channel Lightning Audio amp and it is ALOT louder than my setup. He of course has the gains cranked all the way up and the settings on the HU are all close to being maxxed out, this all in two separate pre-fab truck boxes. (he also has a regular cab truck) My settins on the HU are all flat with the loud on low. The gains are set correctly with a DMM. My setup is in my sig. So basically my question is, what can I check or change that will increase my setup's output?? The subs are moving their full x-max so im pretty sure that they are geting enough power. This has really been bothering me so I figured you guys might be able to help me out. Thanks

1.5 ft for each sub,port displacement would probly be around 3'' wide and whatever length,depends on tuning,if you could squeeze 4 cubes it would be better.

are you postivie they are in phase? Just because the black and red wires are connected correctly doesn't mean the woofers are in phase. Sometimes they are out of phase from the factory. Also cheaper woofers tend to have what i like to call a PA speaker sound. Usually they play the upper frequencies louder that a quality sub. Does yours play lower?

are you postivie they are in phase? Just because the black and red wires are connected correctly doesn't mean the woofers are in phase. Sometimes they are out of phase from the factory. Also cheaper woofers tend to have what i like to call a PA speaker sound. Usually they play the upper frequencies louder that a quality sub. Does yours play lower?
Acutally my subs play the lows alot better than they play the upper frequencies. I had to turn the LPF down quite a bit because the upper range just sounded bad.

I figured they did. They are seeing 1.5 each right? That isn't really large for that woofer it isn't the small box either. I think yours would be louder in a smaller box. They wouldn't play as low though. What are the dimensions of your box?

I would stick to the sealed box if your looking for SPL. Bandpass and Ported make the speakers easy too destroy. You know when it happens when they stop making sound all of a sudden.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.