06 s2k, edi6500s, w/ custom amp rack, system complete!!!... well almost

Participant count
  • Participant list

STC1709
10+ year member

CT
Well i finally got around to installing my system in my 06 s2k.

Currently I have:

Pioneer DEH-P880PRS Headunit

Elemental Designs 6500s

Rockford Fosgate 551x 4 channel amp

8awg power wire

I dont have a subwoofer yet but i plan to get one and do a custom sub box for the corner of my trunk and run everytihng off the same amp.

I did a custom amp rack for my amp with plexiglass as well, i think it came out pretty good. This was my first attempt at trying to build something for my system, but its deffinilty not the first time i ever installed a system.

It sounds pretty sick, and its really loud and i havent even played with my settings yet, the gain is all the way down as well. I would reccomend these speakers to anyone.

I mounted the crossovers inside the door panel and theres a perfect spot for them as well.

I'm debating on getting a 5 inch blue neon tube for inside the amp box, i think it would look pretty good, i could probabaly just connect it to the power wire slot on the amp and gound the other wire to make the neon light up, but will see...

It took me like 4 days to do everything, but with my work schedule I had to do a little each day, but it came out really good. here are some pics:

MySystem06S2K4.jpg

MySystem06S2K3.jpg

MySystem06S2K2.jpg

MySystem06S2K1.jpg

MySystem06S2K5.jpg

MySystem06S2K6.jpg

Very clean, pics with the door panel on?

If you plan on doing that neon, connect one wire to the remote on your amp, and the other to your ground on the amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Very clean, pics with the door panel on?
If you plan on doing that neon, connect one wire to the remote on your amp, and the other to your ground on the amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yea ill get some pics with the door panel on..

hmm nice idea, so that means the neon will turn on when the radio is on and turn off when the radio is off

He probably didnt post the pic with the door panel on cause you cant see the speaker he just installed.

looks clean though, real nice and simple.

You might want to look at http://www.oznium.com for some cold cathode lamps, since they're only like $8 a pair with transformer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.