q's on my sound system please help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

juvinile
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i have a sony head deck and factory door speakers. i have the 2 twelves in a sealed box. i was wondering if any of u guys have any suggestions on how i can get my bass louder but still tight and punchy. the mtx amp is anly six hundre watts. i have it bridged at 4 ohm since i dont know if it handles 2 ohm bridged since it is a 2 channel. i had a bandpass but it wasint tight and punchy like sealed. i have a ported u think a should use that box instead of sealed. and if so u think if i get a 1200jbl amp it would sound louder but still be tight.

well if you did port it right it should give you around a +5db boost around the lower frequencys 50-100 but then it will slow down and match the graph of a sealed box typically i recomend using a ported box if you sub can handle the drop of pressure and because you dont hear in songs or with your ears usually below 40 hz and thats when sealed usually shines

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.