Putting a sub box in my wrangler, need help with selecting an amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

somebizarredude

texas
hello all, first post here and I hope you guys can help. I am frustrated and burnt out on research...

I would really appreciate the help, this is not my area of expertise lol

me and my wife decided we wanted some thump in the jeep so i built a .8 cube sealed box to bolt to the tailgate. I built the box for the pioneer TS-W254R i have in it, so dont really want a different sub. I got the sub for $45 shipped and based on the specs it should work well in this box.

But the problem I have now is I purchased a refurbished Powerbass ATM440.2 on ebay and it was DOA.

as soon as I applied power ( with no input signal) it cracks and pops loud with allot of static coming through the speaker, also there is no change with an input signal. just loud gut wrenching noise,

(glad I tested it with an old junk woofer)

so after I get my refund i will need something else,

I am looking for something comparable in size because its going under the passenger seat

Dimensions: 8-1/2"L x 7-11/16"W x 2-3/16"H,

The height is most important because its a fold forward seat.

also I would like to keep the "Real measured" power rating close to 400w RMS x1 Bridged at 4 ohms

I know the speaker is only 250w RMS but I wold rather have extra power and turn the gain down than risk it clipping by turning an under powered amp up

the main snag I am having is I need the high level input option, I already tapped into the sound bar and added a molex plug for a quick disconnect.

but if my best option requires RCA, I guess I could put a converter box under the seat with the amp. but not if i don't have to.

i would like to stay under $100 but for the perfect amp I could go a little higher.

just want as reliable as i can get in that price range.

i was looking at the Boss Ar1500M since it probably only puts out 350 watts anyways.

but its a little large and the boss quality reputation just scares me :/

anyways i would appreciate any assistance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.