Proper Door Sound Deadening and You

Any body ever use anything like this? It's 6" wide roll.. about 1/16" thick, pressure sensitive adhesive back... I have some surplus at my work and am thinking of using it for my doors...

IMG_2381.jpg

Any body ever use anything like this? It's 6" wide roll.. about 1/16" thick, pressure sensitive adhesive back... I have some surplus at my work and am thinking of using it for my doors...
IMG_2381.jpg
seems like that could serve multiple purposes. I have some butyl tape, but it's a little thicker. I haven't used it yet though

Hello!

I finished my rear doors, needed to add more sound deadening and fixed my rear rattles, I put as much as I could on the external outer metal, maybe left about 2-3 inches untreated on each side of the external metal.

The problem I have is one of the rear doors (left)does not close as easy as the right door. My right door, I barely push and it closes by itself, my left door does not close unless I make 2 or even more times the effort to close it. I have more than enough on both doors and I do not want to waste material since all I want to do is make it close easier and tighter.

My question,

Where do I add more SDM to add weight to make it close with less effort, inner layer center, Lower,higher ?

outer layer, inner layer? closer to the hinges, center, high, low? closer to the end, high, low, middle?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Holy dead thread revival, Batman!
Yes, Robin, and wtf is SDM? Is that an evil new abbreviation that is being used against we doer's of good?
Sound Deadening Material, is that really that hard (SDM)? I posted a thread in the G D section and got no answer yet, I figured since this is a sticky and and a SDM how thread I would post my issue and get some help. Any ideas?

I'm going to install new Rainbow speakers in my Buick Verano (same size as Chevy Cruze) which has triple sealed doors. Do I really need sound deadning in the doors or not? I read that sound deadning does not improve midbass, is that true? If I do need sound deadning, I am thinking of going with Damplifier Pro, how many sq feet per door will I need?

i had thought about using that foam "egg" looking stuff that was in the door panel in the original post, to add deadener to my hatch since it rattles alot, anyone try using it besides him?

i had thought about using that foam "egg" looking stuff that was in the door panel in the original post, to add deadener to my hatch since it rattles alot, anyone try using it besides him?
The egg foam that is commonly used as packaging material during shipping is really good for two things: 1st- packaging material during shipping, and a distant 2nd- a cushion to sit or kneel on. It has zero acoustic absorption properties.

Have a look here for suggestions:

Trunk Lid / Hatch Door / Tailgate | Sound Deadener Showdown

CHAD

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.