Proper Door Sound Deadening and You

I have a question. The plastic on the doors ive seen are hard but on my integra, its soft like a paper, and is loose. This will degrade the performance of the speakers, right? Even with deadening?

I have a question. The plastic on the doors ive seen are hard but on my integra, its soft like a paper, and is loose. This will degrade the performance of the speakers, right? Even with deadening?
??

If you are talking about the moisture barrier, just rip it down and "replace" it with sound deadening.

this plastic thing

IMG_39551.jpg

Wont the sound deadenin peel off due to moisture though?

It'll make a diference with the foam.
You think a deflex pad behind the mid would make a big difference? If so, I'll put one in, but I'm not sure how much more good it would do considering I've got three layers on the outer door skin already.

You think a deflex pad behind the mid would make a big difference? If so, I'll put one in, but I'm not sure how much more good it would do considering I've got three layers on the outer door skin already.
It is to deflect the rear waves away from the speaker so that it does not cause distortion, even though you have 3 layers the rear waves will still bounce off and hit the rear of the speaker (unless you somehow created some kind of ripple surface with your deadening, lol).

I did a little test to see if it made a diff.

I only applied the foam to one side of the car.

pioneer 5/4" mids in an un deadned door.

The un deadned door didnt have bass that was "pronounced" It sounded like it was just playing free air.

I put it on the other side, bass improved enough so i could gear the difference. And it cost me nothing so its definetly not counterproductive.

You should notice a difference with that t00b ear you have

As Decado said; Sound deadening is to deaden the panel from resonances. But a Deflex pad is designed to actually deflect the rear wave so it doesn't bounce off of the rear wall an back towards the speaker, muddying up the midrange. Open cell foam serves sort of the same function.....only it's supposed to absorb the rearwave rather than deflect it.

From what I've read, they can make quite a noticeable difference in the midrange area.

I've added it to my PCx order //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hopefully it'll make a difference. I'd rather use deflex pads instead of open cell foam, just seems like a recipe to trap excess moisture.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.