Problems with my 3.5 Farad Capacitor

Fix ground' date=' ditch cap, Big 3, And then add a second batt if it still doesnt fix the problem...[/quote']

x2-I highly doubt you will need a second battery with that little power, once you fix the other problems.

If the lights dimming is your issue why not install the cap on your lights instead of your F&*KED up install. It would do more good than on your amplifier to solve your problem. Post like this are the reasons that you should PAY someone who knows WTF is going on to do the job.

If the lights dimming is your issue why not install the cap on your lights instead of your F&*KED up install. It would do more good than on your amplifier to solve your problem. Post like this are the reasons that you should PAY someone who knows WTF is going on to do the job.
-.- I said that I ordered the 4 gauge cable to install it. . . I am not blasting my system with that speaker wire I am that dumb. . .

Ouch!!

Personally, I wouldn't run it with the speaker wire ground; you're standing a decent chance of igniting something expensive. In fact, you might find that the capacitor issue will go away when you use the correct ground wire. Depends on how the capacitor circuit thingy is designed.

I hate to say it, but you are indeed that dumb. You're dumb for even considering using speaker wire for a ground AT ALL. But it's okay, you'll eventually figure out car audio isn't for you.

The reason that the ground wire didn't reach is you installed the amp in the wrong location. The grounding point should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be mor than 15-18" from your amplifier. You probably didn't even order real copper wire. Im guessing best "value" like a CCA wire... I hope you have marshmellows and some oscar meyer's in your emergency kit.

Get the ground wire fixed, and then come back and let us know if the problem persists. Its hard enough to diagnose a problem over the internet, but virtually impossible when there are other known problems in the system, such as a grossly undersized ground wire.

For the length of wire that you should require to simply ground your amplifier, next time just buy wire locally. You should be talking about like 10 bucks worth of wire, even at full retail prices.

what you guys never thought of here is if he is dimmimg using a speaker wire for ground , imagine how hard he will dim when he actually starts pulling major current with the correct wire. def ditch the cap , big 3 and you should be ok.

The reason that the ground wire didn't reach is you installed the amp in the wrong location. The grounding point should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be mor than 15-18" from your amplifier. You probably didn't even order real copper wire. Im guessing best "value" like a CCA wire... I hope you have marshmellows and some oscar meyer's in your emergency kit.
-.- if you are going to troll I can give you some change to buy you a better life. . . I did order real copper wire, and the ground is not even 2" away from the amp so. . . -.-

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.