Problem with comps keepin up

skydeaner
10+ year member

suede humper
Ok, I don't even have that impresssive of a sub setup (3 11kv.2's fully powered hittin maybe 140db's). I need a set of comps that will keep up. I have been through 2 sets of mb quart comps, discus then premiums, CDT classics, and now my ADS 346's. The ADS do better than any so far, but I blew one side and now am thinkin maybe I should figure something else out. No distortion til they blew though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok, so my question is... 3 way is kinda what I am lookin for here. I am going to throw a pair of eu-700's in my doors for midbass 65-150hz. The thing I need is a set of components that will handle the 150hz and up with maybe 300wrms per side. 6.5's are fine, although since they will be going in kickpanels the smaller the better. If I have to go all active I can. I just can't find anything that will get loud enough. I guess power handling isn't that big of a deal as long as it gets really loud, I know if is effecient enough i won't need 300wrms a side, that is just what I have to work with.

OR

Should I just run two sets of components up front? I could probably fit two 5 1/4's in the kicks and then eu700's in the doors and 2 tweeters in each apillar.

I know what I am doin, really I do, I have made tons of other people plenty happy with systems I have installed, but I am unable to make myself happy. I need loudness without distortion and have the amp power to do it now, so help me out please

are you calling me gay? No just playin. I don't want to spend that much money honestly. I'm a college student, there have to be other options. Absolutely superb sound quality isn't really necessary, just loudness, and low distortion with no huge annoying peaks in frequency response, and as "warm" of sound as possible. I love how warm and natural these ADS comps sound.

nononono. Not gone through like blew. Gone through like resold because not loud enough. The only ones I blew were the ADS comps. and only one side probably due to bad manufacturing. Sorry, shoulda cleared that up, I am a very very qualified installer and do everything right the first time as far as install goes. I just wish I would have the listening experience to match my installation experience, but most my installs have been budget installs sadly.

Then don't complain when it doesn't blend with the front stage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I do turn it down, but it has more volume available, so why not find something that will keep up

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.