infinity components vs 6x9s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bosaliniee
10+ year member

right now in my car i currently have the infinity kappa compenents 50.5cs in the front doors and 693.7I in the rear deck. i was thinking of putting the 693.7i's in my door(factory were 6x9s, just have to check mounting depth) and i have infinity kappa 6x9s(dont remember number only that they are 3ways, they are out in trunk right now, dont feel like getting them) from 04 that i want to put in the rear deck.and have 6x9s all the way around. is that a bad idea? should i keep it the way i have it now?

If you ask some people in some other forums (including the Polk forum) they say that 6x9s produce distortion because of the elliptical shape and the fact that the voice coil is round. They say that stress is caused in certain areas of the cone because of its shape and consequently produces distortion. I don't know if there is truth to this or not. Maybe the human ear can't hear the distortion. I've always owned 6x9s but I did find some really inexpensive ADS (Analog Digital Systems) 6.5" components on ebay this week which I got from a tip from a guy in another forum. He said they are top-of-the-line. They go for $300-$600. I got them brand new for $99. You might want to check it out. Go to the ADS website.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.