Pre-out question

Participant count
  • Participant list

BMG
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
here
I have 3 sets of preouts on my deck. One full range for front and one for the back and then a sub pre-out.

I just put an amp on my front stage and used the front set of preouts off my deck. I was wondering when i get my sub amp would there be any difference between using the preout off the amp i currently have installed and using the sub preout off my deck and running another set of RCAs through my jeep? i mean, what difference can there be in the preouts cept maybe they have the sub preout set to lowpass already? so if i used the preouts off of amp1 and set amp2 to lowpass it wouldnt be any diff besides the wiring right?

sorry if im not makin much sense, im exhausted and my mind is goin 90mph

i'd use the preouts on your deck... usually they'll have a higher voltage rating plus you'll have some sort of sub control within the deck... go ahead and run the rca's u'll be glad you did

i'd use the preouts on your deck... usually they'll have a higher voltage rating plus you'll have some sort of sub control within the deck... go ahead and run the rca's u'll be glad you did
well, i was reading up on audiobahn's site(amp1) and they call them "RCA Throughput connections" which would lead me to believe they take whatever voltage they recieve and then output it without changing it. but on the other hand id never thought about the sub control part. Cuz there is a separate section of controls for it :-/

If you don't use the sub controls and your sub amplifier has a low-pass filter, you don't need to hook it up to the sub pre-out on the head unit. You'll also save yourself some cash by doing so (shorter RCAs = cheaper) ...
yea, time also... considering i'd have to rip up my whole drivers side again :-/

I honestly dont know what kind of benifits i would have using hte sub controls in the deck.... Its an alpine 9811 and the subs i'd be using are 2 12" JLW0s with most likely a JL 250/1 amp powering them. Personally, at that low of wattage an so on, i dont think the deck controls would play that much of a part. Do you guys?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.