2021 VW Jetta sub pre-install question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zpop

CarAudio.com Newbie
Chicago
Hello,
I am planning on putting a 12” American Bass subwoofer in my 2021 Jetta. I’m waiting for the rest of the components to come in but I will be running a Skar Audio RP1200.1D, paired with a LC2i to get signal from the stock headunit. Also with Skar Audios 4 gauge amp wiring kit.

As of right now I have a Pioneer GM-D1004 running power to 4 Rockford Fosgate speakers.

I have spoken to a couple close buddies of mine and they told me something to look into is power draw from the amplifier - especially when the vehicle is off. I am told it’s a possibility that the amplifier even when the vehicle is off can drain the battery.
Can any experts chime in on this? Is this something I should be concerned about? If yes, what are some steps I can take to solve this?
Thanks!

Ive competed in car audio since 1991 and unless something is faulty in the amp and its staying on all the time it wont drain your batteries ..the remote turn on wire activates an internal relay that turns on your amp or amps if running multiple amps you should run an inline external relay or circuit because most decks supply about half an amp to this wire ...too many amplifiers can short it ...

Attachments

• 20201222_152216.jpg
    20201222_152216.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 37
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...