10+ year member

Experienced Noob
DFW
Hi All,

Currently running:

2 Sundown X8"
Pro-Fab D4S Box
DFS JP23.

Firstly, It's very taxing on my electrical system. Plus, It's very heavy. My car is slammed on its nuts on the coils, and it rubs. I really don't want to screw with the alignment too much, and I think that this type of setup is overkill for the car. Only saying this because I helped a local guy tune a single Skar 8" on a Skar Amp in a Skar box (Probably a $500 system..) in the same car..And it sounded insane.

I am thinking that I can run the JP23 At 1000WRMS and be at the sweetspot for the X, and have that sucker still slam and be where I want to be. I do love the D4S boxes, Just not sure of the Rhinolining finish. also - Weight is somewhat of a concern since I'm on coils.

Coils were not in the books when I started the audio build.

Suggestions on a pre-fab box, that isnt garbage.. No amazon nonsense. I've seen some stuff from netaudio, gately - etc. JW.

Sounds like you need new coils. My Explorer with three 15's, appropriate birch box, fully sound-deadened interior, and a boat behind it does not bottom out the rear coils.

Sorry to be the guy who doesn't answer a direct question.

New coilovers are cheap and easy. Fix it right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...