port help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by crakerhead for making a port can you just cut a rectangle?
Cutting a rectangle won't help in any way possible...you have to tune the box to a certain frequency, this is acheived by having ports a certain size/length...Jmac will help ya out...

32x18x20

jbl 1200.1

dd 9515

it's bandpass w/2 6"circle ports that are 8 inches deep. it has two chambers. the ports aren't in the chamber w/the magnet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'd have the internal port end 7" away from the back wall and just roundover that corner. That back (rounded) wall should effectively extend the...
None so far, there was a factory 8 inch subwoofer that I took out for a pass through, I'm definitely going to have to get some sound deadening...
Yes. I do not fully understand the question, but if the manufacturer suggests such a big port, it is probably because it has a high QTS. If it...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...

About this thread

crakerhead

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
crakerhead
Richmond, VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date