Modify port enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Manu

CarAudio.com Recruit
Romania
Hello, i have an Hifonics MXs 12D2, using the original enclosure. I don't like how it sounds below 35hz, i have a small trunk, i don't want to change the enclosure. I want to ask you if i can get a better tuning, trying to modify the port. What i can do with it? Make it longer? This is my box https://ibb.co/9qfDvy9

You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse engineer the net airspace and tuning of the box and go from there.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...
Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...
Yup. That is the bread truck that Richard Clark built for MTX many years ago . 60 inch subwoofer. The problem was that the truck wasn’t...
Using the limited info I could find, each driver needs about 30l of volume. Here is a great box design tuned to 37Hz, the ideal for 2 of these...

About this thread

Manu

CarAudio.com Recruit
Manu
Romania
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from