port length help

Participant count
  • Participant list

flawse

CarAudio.com Newbie
This is the first box I will have designed and built, have been out of audio for awhile. Building a box for 2 DC level 4 18s, per the specs ive come up with the port needs to be 24in long/deep whatever, it is 22 tall 7 wide 24 long. the box itself is 24 deep so i obviously need to L the port, so i would go 17 inches deep and then L the port. it is a middle port so the question is do I go 17 deep and then L 7 inches on both side or would I do 3.5 inches both sides for a total of 24? Maybe i am over thinking this lmao but any advice would be appreciated. shitty picture of what im talking about below

Attachments

• sub.png
    sub.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 23
Maybe i am over thinking this lmao but any advice would be appreciated. shitty picture of what im talking about below
Are these the combined specs of both subs? If yes, I assume you would have to split the width on the remaining 7 inches but keep the length. That way each sub will have the 24 inch length, but it will have the 22h x 3.5w required of each one. So the back wall port would be 22h x 3.5w x 7l.
My recommendation would be to put a wall down the center to split the port and take the guess work out of the equation.

Are these the combined specs of both subs? If yes, I assume you would have to split the width on the remaining 7 inches but keep the length. That way each sub will have the 24 inch length, but it will have the 22h x 3.5w required of each one. So the back wall port would be 22h x 3.5w x 7l.
My recommendation would be to put a wall down the center to split the port and take the guess work out of the equation.
I see now that you cut the width in half at the bend if I were to keep it one port, I didn’t know that before. I appreciate it

I'd have the internal port end 7" away from the back wall and just roundover that corner. That back (rounded) wall should effectively extend the port depth by half a port width putting you right around on target. Double up material on the internal port wall round it over on both sides and I think tuning will about hit your target.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...