please help!! keep frying subs!

ok i just did exactly what yu said i turned my gain up until i lost cone control. so i turned it back down to the max without losing control. And i STILL could barely feel it in the car, and when i shut my trunk i could barely hear it..

Im pretty sure now its either my amp or the box. but the first speaker i fried worked great for three months in the SAME box. And it HOUNDED!! thinkin its my amp. but the amp still seems to work fine.. im about to just give this all up.

I have a video of all this if theres a way yu can see it.

ok i just did exactly what yu said i turned my gain up until i lost cone control. so i turned it back down to the max without losing control. And i STILL could barely feel it in the car, and when i shut my trunk i could barely hear it.. Im pretty sure now its either my amp or the box. but the first speaker i fried worked great for three months in the SAME box. And it HOUNDED!! thinkin its my amp. but the amp still seems to work fine.. im about to just give this all up.

I have a video of all this if theres a way yu can see it.
I mean you can turn it up. its just not going to bed clean. that amp is only like 200 @4 ohm. yu can hear when they start to distort if you listen good./ampdouble check you settings on the CD player make sure the amp is hooked to the "subwoofer" channel on the pro-amp outputs. i mean your obviously clipping it to death so set it to where its decent until you get a better sub/amp

Budget will dictate everything

And you only need a shop if you can't read and take direction

You can make cheap stuff kinda loud but the sound you get will be distortion

Sounds like you want louder than the equipment you have will allow

What is all this installed in?

yea i dont have the plexi cover that came with it. does that make a difference?

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

07 toyota camry

yea i dont have the plexi cover that came with it. does that make a difference? 

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

07 toyota camry

Yes that makes a difference. Like night n day. That enclosure is junk dude. Cover that hole with a piece of wood at least.

I doubt you'll do a proper custom ported box. Just get two jbl GT5 15s in a sealed box and toss it in your trunk, they should work with that kenwood amp.

Economical, simple and should bump a lot harder than what you have atm. Not to mention sounding way better vs your current box which sounds like a prefab bandpass box.

As a quick test, place the box so that the hole is against the floor of the truck so the hole is sealed off and see if it sounds different. My personal opinion is that the box is junk and is a large part of the problem and should be trashed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.