Intermittent fault where no audio from head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

sad_muso

UK
Hi,

I recently purchased an RCN210, which I believe is basically a stock head unit used in China etc. Long story short, wiring it into my 2007 Passat Estate required connection to the the INFO CAN lines via the A/C control panel.

Installation notes

I've wired it up and I have backlight, bluetooth and power off with ignition so everything seems in order, but whenever I start the car it's random whether there will be any sound or not. When there is no sound everything else works fine.

I do have speaker issues - some of the wiring in the doors needs to be made good as it cuts down when opening/closing doors, but I don't think that this could cause the no sound issue.

The only other thing of note is that after the installation I have the airbag warning light, but I think this could just be down to amount of fiddling during the install and it needs resetting.

If anyone could shed any light on this that would be great.

UPDATE: Tried again this morning - first time turning ignition on no sound. Second time working fine. Parked up for 10 minutes and same thing again - first time nothing, second time fine.

Nobody else experienced intermittent no audio from a head unit?

UPDATE: Tried again this morning - first time turning ignition on no sound. Second time working fine. Parked up for 10 minutes and same thing again - first time nothing, second time fine.

Nobody else experienced intermittent no audio from a head unit?
Exactly the same thing here
Did you find the solution?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.