please help!! keep frying subs!

got a speaker AGAIN gunna try this again.
20160507_141219_zpscyiioaiu.jpg'%20alt='20160507_141219_zpscyiioaiu.jpg'>

i hope you aren't buying new ones everytime. what box you have them in? if you say sealed i'm gonna kick you in your face.. lol

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

i disconnected the power so my amp doesnt constantly run. got ANOTHER 12" Sub again a few minutes ago. gonna try again.
your amp stays on even with the radio off?

In that box you really do not need it

Did You turn down the gain and bass bost

Set the xover to 80 or so

The guys on here will help you but you need to take it one step at a time

What brand and model is your Radio HU

Last edited by a moderator:
i havent put the new speaker in yet im scared lol. what is the xover?? I have a double din pioneer.
Get the model and post it so we can figure the voltage output and someone will know approx where it clips

Crossover is what frequency the sub plays up to before rolling off

Should be a dial that you can see like from 30-150 or similar

i have all the knobs turned down for now. now im trynna figure out what i should have my amp to before i put this speaker in. i have connectors in my box but not in my amp.

where should these be??������

p><p>which%20is%20the%20gain
20160507_094531_zps3xypc2l9.jpg'%20alt='20160507_094531_zps3xypc2l9.jpg'>

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.