please help!! keep frying subs!

OK GUYS IM STARTING OVER!! I have a 12" Kicker compVR sub and a 12" kenwood sub in a ATrend PORTED box. i plan on pushing them with a BOSS 1100 watt mosfet amp. ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?!??!!
Dude get a clue and quit buying low grade equipment

Mixing subs is bad news and the box and amp are no winners either.

dude a kicker and a kenwood are not low grade. and a 130$ box doesnt sound low grade to me either. and every review ive read on boss amps pushing 12s was 5 star.

AND ALSO they have seperate chambers.

Well then install everything per owner's manuals instructions...make sure power and ground are properly connected...make sure signal wiring is properly connected...make sure head unit settings are correct...set gains correctly and let the party begin.

Good luck and keep us informed.

By the way Boss is not considered much of a much in the audio world but if it works for you it works...not a problem.

Mixing sub brands/models is not a good idea as well but who knows it may work...if it does...good for you...

dude a kicker and a kenwood are not low grade. and a 130$ box doesnt sound low grade to me either. and every review ive read on boss amps pushing 12s was 5 star.
You completely fked up again bro. Two different subs in the same setup is your first fk up. Boss audio is your 2nd fk up. Paying 130 dollars for an atrend box is your 3rd fck up because those boxes are designed by chimpanzees with no real acousitical knowledge

You need to hook up with someone with a real setup near nashville and show you the light.

Otherwise you'll waste money one garbage setups left and right. Yes they are garbage plain and simple you could have gotten real gear that actually gets real results but nope. Fk the advice from people who are actually loud right?

My god the patience. I thought I would dump in my 2 cents since I'm waiting on this file to download. The biggest problem I see here is the expectation is the performance of a VERY large budget system on a VERY small budget. What you are trying to achieve takes decades of experience and dollars to match. Or at the bare minimum one of those two things. Acceptance is a compromise. The compromise here is performance versus cost. Consider this: Ford makes mustangs, they make an entry level and they make the Shelby. It would be unreasonable to buy the entry level and expect the performance of the Shelby. Essentially that is what you are trying to do. If you compare that dollars versus experience, well that's that dollars talking. You are from Nashville, I am sure you know of people that can build a high performance Mustang that may even out perform the Shelby. That is the experience part. My mother in-law (whom I can't stand BTW) gave me this advice and now I am going to pass it along. You can't afford to buy cheap *****. Take the number of subs you have already purchased. I bet if they are not being covered under warranty you would probably have a nice Digital Designs sub (or the like). But that wouldn't solve your problem. You are on the pathway of replacing amplifiers that will also come one after the other. A few of those and you will be well on your way to a Focal or Hertz Amp. But that's not your problem either. Just consider this. Buy a big a$$ OLD school Fosgate POWER like a BD1500 or Orion HCCA and 1 Kicker Dual Voice Coil L7 in a VENTED box THEN to HELP solve your equipment problem buy a source with 8volt preouts 4volts would be fine too. All of this was top of the line stuff back when you were still pooping on yourself. And I might add was pretty expensive. Age and technology have driven the price down but these were solid made in the USA components. but that is the trade off when you cant afford new top of the line equipment. This will still not solve your problem. The key to ANY electrical component is signal quality. That is really what makes a $2000 amplifier cost $2000. The signal quality that you control is in the wiring. Alternator noise and poor grounding are key to quality install and component health just as an example. Still not your problem. My friend your only problem is ignorance. Knowledge comes with time and experience and I applaud your efforts in learning something new. Listen to the people here, they are truly trying to help. Even the ones breaking balls a little. its the only way you are going to learn. Your new endeavor is a very fun one and more addictive than cocaine so enjoy that!

Best regards,

Hunter

are you ever going to listen or do we have to become assholes to get through your thick skull?

kicker and kenwood subs are STILL entry level bottom of the line. boss is even worse. who cares if they're separate chambers apparently you never did your research and learned what cancellation is.

my tip is to have enough money ready to throw EVERYTHING out and to get something new that ISNT boss, kenwood, kicker, etc etc.

if you're not going to listen just stop coming to the forums. im not kidding, listen or leave at this point

OMG ... your brain dead.

kicker is junk , kenwood so so ( i would not use one )

now boss...well

PURE JUNK

that box...

EVEN MORE JUNK...

you got to be 12 right ?

all this going on a 3-wheel bike.....

thanks! ..Got an install appointment tomorrow at 3:30 CST. Will let yall know how it goes. Any last minute suggestions?
if you would take the advice from at least 100 of the replies on this thread, you would be more than satisfied by now. Return those subs and buy my setup. Probably half of what you've spent so far, I have an SSA ZCON 15, a CSCstang enclosure 4.7cuft tuned to 30hz, a DSA3500D amp which is an entry level amp but hell it puts out a lot of good power, and I'll even throw you a head unit. ZCON IS 550 new, box was 240, amp was 220, head unit was 70. I'll ship you the whole thing for 700 plus real shipping. Have a shop do your install. I'll even walk you through it on the phone if you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.