please help!! keep frying subs!

wtf are you guys not ****** understanding??!?! ive already done every godamn thing yu asked me to do!!! if yu dont know what the problem could be then gtfo this thread simple as that. acting like yu know every thing and what it could be tellin me what im doin wrong calling me out even after ive done every godamn thing yu asked me to!!

At this point if you've done everything that has been suggested to you and you are still blowing subs then I'd suspect the amp is faulty in some respect...likely nothing you'd notice but possibly only apparent when on a test bench connected to an O scope, DMM, etc. and tested by someone who has an idea what to look for in your situation.

My suggestion is to replace the amp...considering how much you've pissed away on sub after sub just to "feel" the bass you could have bought a decent amp that works properly.

Regarding you're admitted lack of knowledge...educate yourself or continue to suffer the consequences...download a copy of the owner's manual for the head unit, amp, etc. read the **** things, highlight the things you don't understand and make notes then Google that **** to learn...the interwebz is the greatest FREE learning institution in the world today.

If you're installing all this shite yourself make **** sure you're installing it correctly, especially power, ground, etc. Take your time and do it right the first time or spend endless dollars replacing shite that dies on you...it does not die for no reason, user error is the most common cause.

Show pics of your connections, etc....make a build log on this site so we can see what the hell you are doing...yep you are going to get dope slaps but at this point you sorely deserve them and instead of bitching, shut up, listen and learn...

Good luck and keep us posted...

blockquote><p>%20There%20are%20good%20cheap%20amps%20that%20put%20out%20good%20power.%20Look%20at%20car%20audio%20bargain%20even%20dragon%20sound,%20people%20might%20*****%20about%20dragon%20sound%20being%20an%20eBay%20amp%20but%20it%20puts%20out%20numbers%20and%20I
Soundqubed.com I'm no representative or trying to promote but you'll get a nice beginner sub that'll take a hell of a lot more than that pioneer for probably cheaper. And you may get better sound. It'd be best if you just went to a shop, like everyone else said, and have them explain it to you. Seeing it is better than reading it. And lastly, your encloure matters. Don't buy boxes from stores. Either have them designed for you and build them yourself, or have a builder on here make them for you. A nice system adds up, but you probably spent way more replacing subs than you would've just getting quality equipment and hooking it up properly. I hate to repeat what you've heard for 14+ pages but you need to get more knowledge behind audio before you keep blowing your money.

That screw could have been touching almost anything inside and that could cause all sorts of trouble Unless something is very obviously damaged a tech with the right test equipment would need to test to really know if it's bad

Bench charge would be almost what that amp cost new

Amp pushing DC can kill a voice coil quick on a cheap sub

If that were the case, shouldn't we see something burned, brown marks on the board somewhere? Or the amp could have gon into protect/short circuited.? Something touching/arcing....never a good sign of something metal floating inside.

Makes ya wonder how the screw got inside the amp just "swimming" around to begin with.

If that were the case, shouldn't we see something burned, brown marks on the board somewhere? Or the amp could have gon into protect/short circuited.? Something touching/arcing....never a good sign of something metal floating inside.
Makes ya wonder how the screw got inside the amp just "swimming" around to begin with.
Anything is possible and looking at a picture on the Internet is not an ideal way to diagnose anything

I think a well built and designed box with a good 12-15" sub would be first on my list

FI has a new entry sub with a 3" coil for like $150 and find a shop to set the gains

There are plenty of decent free build videos and threads with cut demensions that while not exact could get him in them ballpark for quite a few of the popular subs

And like many others have said let Home Depot do the cuts

It your using a porter enclosure you need to use a subsonic filter set just barely below its tuning frequency or you'll fry your subwoofer. Power handling below tuning freq.is is minimal

OK GUYS IM STARTING OVER!! I have a 12" Kicker compVR sub and a 12" kenwood sub in a ATrend PORTED box. i plan on pushing them with a BOSS 1100 watt mosfet amp. ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?!??!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.