please help!! keep frying subs!

Oh I doubt it.

You wanna do hairtricks, learn to not fry subs 1st.

Get on our level for more better subs than Pioneer or Kenwood subs. Those brands will not allow hairtricks to happen.

Pioneer, Kicker, Kenwood....they're all mainstream brands.

Get some non mainstream subs for some hairtrickin'. And some knowledge.

Get another 6 cvr's and we will talk about hair tricks
Get another 6 cvr's and we will talk about PAPER tricks
corrected

Im not fukin trollin jeez!! like i said B4^^^ i dont have a kenwood or pioneer anymore. I have 2 12 inch kicker Comp VRs..
which are sh*t subs that nobody in their right mind runs. By nobody i mean people who are actually loud.

i would first look at how your wiring your subs to your amp, you could easily be wiring a deathtrap.

sometimes simple things like this we dont pay attention to go a long way in trouble shooting. checkout the12volt.com for wiring diagrams

it would help if you also had a multimeter, that way you can measure your output on your amp and measure your coils on your sub to make sure your not wiring your subs down to quarter ohm or something.

and in all experience, ive never heard of an amp blowing subs, its the other way around, unless your amp is like 8000 watts rms lol

usually a bad coil in a sub will still work but you wont notice it and it will fry your amp, not your sub, since your sub is well, already fried if its running on a bad coil

I have a different idea on this. I understand the clipping and gain stuff but, He said he wants it loud and to feel it and it ain't loud enough. Have you thought maybe his hearing is going bad from always listening to it so loud and dirty sound that he thinks it is not loud enough and he is upping the gain and other settings to make it louder and that is whats happening. By upping the gain and other setting it is now killing the subs. I can confess to that. Not blowing subs but listening to the loud music over the years that at work and friends and other say stuff to me or comment sometimes and i did not hear them and they have to say it twice or speak up. I have had some say to me, did you hear what i said? No what did you say. I can agree that sometimes i think my system is not loud enough myself on a great song and i turn it up. I have to stop myself and remind myself that it is loud and remind myself that coworkers at work say my sound system is loud when i drive into the parking lot at work. Just an idea maybe.

We love are sound systems and SQ and all that but i think you also need to respectful of how powerful and loud are sytems can get in todays times. And be respectful of others and your neighbors and others at the signal and that police that will give you the ticket. And that that sound sytem you have can also kill your hearing later in life. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.