please help!! keep frying subs!

I use DD and JL, but I've had some good Pioneer and Kenwood stuff, it's just not mention for competition.

He'll I've even has to use a Dual deck on short notice and I still won the comp with a ****** deck someone bought from Walmart. Some ppl don't care for real power they just want a little thump, but I run below 1 Ohm.

ok so i got the install! sold the kenwood sub. Now i have 2 Comp Kickers in a dual, double chambered box. with the 1000 watt kenwood amp (that was not fucked up like i thought) And it sounds great-Finally!

You suffered, you complained, you learned, you used what you learned to "finally" get a system to your liking...good for you and a good experience...Enjoy
What did he learn by having someone install it for him?

what is HU? And max u clipped volume. im sorry i probably sound dumb. but i want to learn all this and figure out whats goin on. thanks
It's ok to be ignorant to how all of this stuff works. To make what they are saying more undersandable, distortion is what is frying your subs, also called clipping an amp, square waves, ect ect. Every amp has it's limits from where it goes from clean power, to distorted power. It's just like you and me, even though we can only lift say 200 lbs, we will still try to lift 259 lbs right? Well an amp is the same, it doesn't have a governer. If you try to get 1200 watts out of a 1000 watt rms amp, it will try to do it, and in the process it will burn stuff up. So, learn to stay within the limits of the equipment that you own. Turn the bass boost off, turn the loud button off on your radio, set the crossover around 80-100 hz depending on your preference and don't jack the gain all the way up to give yourself some headroom. If you find that by setting your amp up properly like this doesn't give you the bass or volume you want, well, there's a simple answer, buy a bigger amp. Hope this helped.

ok so i got the install! sold the kenwood sub. Now i have 2 Comp Kickers in a dual, double chambered box. with the 1000 watt kenwood amp (that was not fucked up like i thought) And it sounds great-Finally!
I'm glad you got some tunes! We all started somewhere..

He learned he had no clue thus went to someone who did and after pissing away too much money and lots of frustration he now has a system he enjoys.

We aren't all brilliant mobile audio geniuses and aren't you the helpful sort...snort

Nowadays with the internet what can't you learn ? Ive learned tons just in this forum alone. The only time I took my audio into a tech was cause I could not get the engine noise out of my subs. He grounded the RCA outputs and told me to get a better head unit and back then, there was no internet, lol. Glad this dude is up and running and I'm sure he'll dib and dab in it and learn a little here and there and if he doesn't , chances are this is just a faze and it's temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nowadays with the internet what can't you learn ? Ive learned tons just in this forum alone. The only time I took my audio into a tech was cause I could not get the engine noise out of my subs. He grounded the RCA outputs and told me to get a better head unit and back then, there was no internet, lol. Glad this dude is up and running and I'm sure he'll dib and dab in it and learn a little here and there and if he doesn't , chances are this is just a faze and it's temporary.

i cant even imagine how much ive learned from the internet. problem is, there's a difference between the type of person who spends hours on research and educating themselves vs those who expect others to do it for them (cant force feed education, just does NOT work) however you can pay someone to install **** for you just dont expect to understand how it works other than "do not go past this point and do not play boosted music"

in regards to other posts and even my own, mostly the OP:

it's well known kicker CAN sound good (how else would they sell ****?) its just a matter of cost vs what you get and in that category kicker IS stuck with other brands. bottom line is its good finally OP got his set up sounding good..

i cant even imagine how much ive learned from the internet. problem is, there's a difference between the type of person who spends hours on research and educating themselves vs those who expect others to do it for them (cant force feed education, just does NOT work) however you can pay someone to install **** for you just dont expect to understand how it works other than "do not go past this point and do not play boosted music"

in regards to other posts and even my own, mostly the OP:

it's well known kicker CAN sound good (how else would they sell ****?) its just a matter of cost vs what you get and in that category kicker IS stuck with other brands. bottom line is its good finally OP got his set up sounding good..
Research , research and research some more. I've been impatient too and scrambling trying to get things done but have learned that it's best to just research and YouTube has a ton of videos on how to do just about anything. Im still really curious to know what was causing all these subs to blow. I've never blown a sub yet and have been messing with car audio since the mid 90s before there was internet and I had no clue what a DMM was back then. Your research was the guy at the flea market ,my hat I was buying my stuff from, lol. Just somehow figured it out and tweaked and tweaked till it sounded decent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.