please help,,,amp is missing up

palikt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ar
i have a jbl1200.1amp... and a kicker crossover with a bassnobe on it... the amp is pushing 2 punch hx2s and it is wired 1ohm.... when i turn the bassnobe up for more bass the red light comes on but everything it still, playing and sounding good..i rewired everything even to 4 ohms and the same thing.... what could it be please help i have a show this evening

ooo, the amp dose not even get hot

Originally posted by palikt when i turn the bassnobe up for more bass the red light comes on but everything it still, playing and sounding good

ok it was kind of hard to understand you, try to pay more attention to your typing. i think what you meant was when you turn up your bass knob, the red light comes on but everything still plays like normal? if this is the case...who cares?????? if it still plays fine, why does it matter if the light goes from green to red? maybe thats a setting on the amp, when you use a bass knob to turn it up, the light turns red to show you that its increasing "bass".

yea..what does the red light indicate? and if it doesnt shut off or even get hot....you might not have a problem

if its not going into to safe mode, or shutting off, you shouldn't have a problem, now if it shuts off or starts to clip or something, then you do have a problem

my comment/question...

Originally posted by fantomas yea..what does the red light indicate? and if it doesnt shut off or even get hot....you might not have a problem
the reply...

Originally posted by palikt .
please we're trying to help but we need to know what exactly the red light indicates. and is it on the amp or the xover?

Very often cross overs and line drivers up the RMS voltage running in to the RCA's of the amp. It is possible that with the bass nob you are effectivly uping the voltage gain and thus sending the AMP into protection of sort...though it isnt obviously too bad if it still plays

on my old autotek sx amp (i forgot the model, now im using a 2150) it use to clip and switch to safe mode for around 1/2 a sec and clip just when the bass hit and the volume was way up...it was cuz i had a 1 ohm load on it which it couldnt handle. i know you said you tried wiring it to 4 ohms, but double check and talk to kicker.

double check ur ohm load, it might be going into safe mode but not shutting off, like warning you, i dont know, its probably a safety light, just make sure you got it wired right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.