One speaker working at at a time with new amp. Please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

BryceCC

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I am relatively new to car audio and decided to install an aftermarket amp, front door speakers, and subwoofer into my car. I was on a budget and decided to get a 4-channel amplifier and bridge the rear channels to the subwoofer and front channels to the front door speakers. I have a 2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS with a premium factory audio system that has a stock amplifier and stock subwoofer. The subwoofer unfortunately has never worked and I still don't know why. I didn't want to change the stereo because there is nothing wrong with mine and it has Bluetooth and a touch screen which is all I need. So I decided to buy a LOC to tap into the front speaker outputs on my stock amplifier to get the RCA's going into the new amp. After wiring everything I got the subwoofer working but when I would connect my front door speakers to the amp only one of them would work. I tried switching the RCAs and even adding another LOC that taps into the rear speaker outputs on the amp so I could eliminate the Y splitter at the amp. None of this has worked and I am genuinely stuck on what I should be doing. At this point, all I could think of is it was the amp not working or the LOC. I could just be doing something wrong but I'm not sure so that's why I'm here. If I have to get a new amp would it be better to get a different 4-channel amp or get both a 2-channel amp and mono amp for the sub, not sure? Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I know people hate Blaupunkt but I thought 70 RMS per channel would pretty good for $70 and what parts I have. Thanks! Parts and pictures are below.

Blaupunkt 1500W 4-Channel, Full-Range Amplifier
Skar Audio IX-12 D4 12" 500 Watt Max Power Dual 4 Ohm Car Subwoofer
Kicker KISLOC 2-Channel K-Series Speaker Cable to RCA Adapter with Line Out Converter
Kicker 47KSC6704

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    794.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    717.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I’d suggest taking a methodical approach. Start with things you know work. Then add one thing at a time. Test the addition with a scope. Keep adding until it doesn’t work. Then you have the problem.
Say start with rear speakers. They work then add in the splice. Test it with a scope. That works? Add loc and test that. If that doesn’t work. Then replace the loc. preferably with an active loc. it’s a little more wiring but worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...