Planning my next system a little help please

[quote name='ilikeradios']Jebuz - do I have to start another thread?

Crew Cab truck, subs forward and port forward - how does that sound?[/QUOTE]
@CSCStang see what he has to say. I say it doesn't matter in your case, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='ilikeradios']Jebuz - do I have to start another thread?

Crew Cab truck, subs forward and port forward - how does that sound?[/QUOTE]
Sub forward is fine. I would definitely do side firing ports tho.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@CSCStang see what he has to say. I say it doesn't matter in your case, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Id put the amp under the Front seat seat and use the entire space for woofers.. i think 4 Eights would be a tad louder than 2 Tens but the tens will sound a tad better down low. i can't believe i'm saying that..lol

before you get too involved get some good measurements first..

Id put the amp under the Front seat seat and use the entire space for woofers.. i think 4 Eights would be a tad louder than 2 Tens but the tens will sound a tad better down low. i can't believe i'm saying that..lolbefore you get too involved get some good measurements first..
Well the sub amp is too big to fit under the front seat. I can mount it on the back wall but the main problem is I do not have the kind of skills needed to build a box that would fit flush over that hump especially building the port.

I am at work now so I will get some good measurements tomorrow.

Well the sub amp is too big to fit under the front seat. I can mount it on the back wall but the main problem is I do not have the kind of skills needed to build a box that would fit flush over that hump especially building the port.
I am at work now so I will get some good measurements tomorrow.

That's easy to do. I was messing around with google sketchup and created a sub enclosure with that hump in mind. The trick is angled bottom walls to match up the hump. You can take a piece of cardboard lay it across the hump start cutting it with a utility knife and start cutting away. Fill in areas with masking tape or some sort of tape then transfer that template over to the wood your gonna make. In this case, it would be the bottom piece, but I suspect it'll be a few pieces combined.

I might do the same once I start my build on my s10 ext cab. I noticed I gotta small hump as well. It'll be a false floor "tray" and will have the sub enclosure on top of it, amp in front of the enclosure.

I have a really good idea for you, well i think its a good idea at least lol.

If i was you I would build a box with 2 feet on either side, the exact height as the hump. that way you can have space for amps and wires and you will have good cooling as well, well maybe not great cooling but better then what you mentioned before with the amps in the spare tire well. You will lose a some cubic inches, maybe a foot cubed not having the box with a channel down the middle to use all the space that you have, but with you running 4 8s or 2 10s you still should have plenty of space.

good luck and keep us posted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.