Participant count
  • Participant list

Supernintendo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Latvia
Hey, there. So I'm planning to buy a new system. nothing too extreme. Planning to go with about 1000w RMS.
So i found this Pioneer amp:
Seems like a great deal. It rates 1200w RMS @ 1 ohm (not stated at this website, tho), 800 w @2 ohm's.
Aaand, yea the amp is all I've got besides questions:

Should i go for 1200w or 800w are plenty of power? I have now a **** active subwoofer box. The sub puts out around 200w RMS, so i can't really imagine 800 watts.
What kind of subs do you recommend for this amplifier?
I have Audi 100 c3 year 1989 and it has 70A alternator if im not mistaken. That's whack. It's a must that I install an extra alt for this amp, right??
What happens with the trunk if it has ~1000w power in it?? does the trim falls off? Should i take any precautions of damage done to vehicle because of the vibrations?

For now that's all. Thank you in advance.

So everything depends on your overall budget that you want to spend for your system. Figure out the max budget you want to spend on this. You have to account for extra things like wires, electrical, and sound deadening material. Are you trying to go for sound quality or get as loud as possible or a little bit of both? 70a is pretty low but it can be workable depending on how much power you really need for your system. If you're trying to save money, then start with upgrading your battery first to the biggest AGM you can fit. You always have the option of adding in an alt if you feel necessary later on. Next, you gotta decide on sub and enclosure. Having a custom built box is crucial to what your end results will be. Either find a good box builder near you or do it yourself to save money. The more sound pressure you add to your trunk, the more vibrations there will be. Adding some sound deadener will make everything sound much cleaner and louder too. It's totally worth the investment IMO. Also, if you haven't done so, I would look into replacing your stock radio into a new modern headunit. This will make the biggest difference in the signal itself so everything you play through it will sound much more crisp.

Well, i was scoping out subs and i think i would go down with this one:
The box will be DIY. I think i'll gather some intel on how to make a proper box. It's no rocket science. If destiny will reveal that i'm stupid and i'll not succeed with the box, i'll find someone to help. The thing is my dimensions are pretty restricted because of the trunk.
Allright, i'll consider sound deadener.
Ugh, I'm talking about a setup and forget about the head unit?? Shame on me! i have a Pioneer DEH-S100UBBhead unit.

1. Alternator is pretty small - that pioneer will pull a good amount of current to get 1000 watts plus
2. That headunit has one set of rca’s and it sounds like your focus is adding a 1k 15”. Your front soundstage will not likely be able to compete with that much bass
3. Those cars are awesome metal tanks. Expect it to sound like aluminum cans in the back without a lot of treatment. Also you will lose a lot of trunk.

perhaps something a bit more conservative on your electrical and smaller Sub would be be better unless you’re committed to upgrading tour front stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.