Planet Audio

• Thread starter <JBoges8>
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 13K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
The only one I have dealt with is the 2500d. Put it in a Ford Explorer Pushing two 15"L7's. That was about 4months ago. Haven't seen the guy since. But I here him going up and down the road all the time

Good luck! I posted a similar question back on Dec. 21 and have yet to get a response re: th planet audio part of th qstn. Best I can tell u is go to www.usacoustics.com and click on reviews-there's a comparison from a magazine of a us acoustics model vs th planet audio P706 and some other brand. If u ferret thru th data, th planet audio one actually looks the best in my book-mo power@14.4 volts(it has an un-regulated supply, which I prefer), and, most importantly, a higher rating in th almighty "sound quality" category. Back to the supply, it's actually what they call a "quasi-regulated" supply; th pre-amp stage is regulated Class A, and th output stage is un-regulated. Idea is to get the sound quality/accuracy advantage of class A in th low-current requirement pre-amp stage, without th inefficiency, xtra heat&wasted space that would happen if th output stage were class A too(mosfet power supplies have enabled a narrowing of th gap between class A and class AB sound quality if that's any consolation). Since us acoustic amps are supposed to be one of the better quality low budget amps-that's what I've read-Jensens are another one-I guess that review must mean that planet audio-at least th mosfet P706-is also in that category. Sounds good in theory, for whatever that's worth!

Oh, and one more thing-they're made at th same plant as Boss Audio, which doesn't help matters(they're kinda crappy), but they(planet audio) are more expensive and spec out better, so maybe it's not that incriminating. Lemme know how it works out if u do go with a planet audio amp, I'll pass th info along...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
dcsoundguy
1000007975.jpg

Mr FaceCaser

May 16, 2024