Planet Audio 5000 watt amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bmckean1

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
I have a P.A. torque 5000 watt amp that I want to strap to another one. But I can't find a strapping cable anywhere online. I've spent hours looking with no luck. And I'm assuming you have to have it to strap them. Please help!

I believe it's a standard telephone-type connector (the same as the ones used for most remote BASS knobs. Here's the manual, it goes over how to get that done.

1697333350076.png

Last edited:
Additionally, the specs on that amp are all over the map. The PA 5000 puts out about 1300 watts @ 1ohm, that's it. strap another on (that's what she said) and it might double it to about 2500 watts. Before you go out and buy another, sell it and get this instead.

It's about the same money and it actually puts out 3000 watts or more and takes up half as much room as ONE PA 5000.1. In the end, when you double the output of inexpensive (poor-performing) power, you end up with, a more expensive lack thereof.

Last edited:
I agree with Dox, that Planet Audio amp is not putting out 5000 watts.

What sub(s) are you running?

Tell us what ohm load you are wired to.

Is it not loud enough?

Strapping cables??? Why not use RCA cables from your current amp line-out outputs to amp inputs on new unit? Not sure what you are trying to accomplish.
He wants to strap the amps to double the output to one sub. Some amps allow you to "couple" them. This allows you to wire up the one sub powered by two amps delivering twice the power at the same load. It's done with an rj11 cable.
'

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Bmckean1

CarAudio.com Newbie
Bmckean1
Idaho
Start date
Participants
Who Replied