What amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dead-Beat

UK
Hey peeps

im new into car stereos and drivin and stuff im from the uk and im looking for 2 amps or 1 depending

i have 2 x 1000 watt splx competition subs, i know there not the best subs arround but i got em second hand cheap, new there like £80 and they look good so im happy, what i really need to know is what would you recomend to power them, at the mo i have 1 300 watt boshman amp its ok but it only runs one of the subs and i really want it to power my 6x9's in the end

the layoiut is a jetta mk2

with a kenwood kdc - MP6090r head unit (the mp3 one) 47 x 4

2 pioneer 2 way 13 cm in the front doors

2 kenwood 220 watt 6x9's in the rear and a splx 1000 watt sub powered by a 300 watt bochman amp

what i have spare is 1 more splx 1000 watt that isnt in the car

what i want is 2 identical amps powered by a second battery on a split charge powering the 2 splx 1000 watts oh i forgot to mention the splx's are dual voice coil and 12" and i want the bochman powering the 6x9's

i also have 2 150 watt bochman tweaters i got for crimbo

i have around £200 i think thats like $300 - $400 to spend altogether

so getting to the question which amps do you think i should use and where can i get em from on the net ?

i know alittle about power and stuff but i dont really know anything about the difference between 4 ohm and 2 ohm or mpo and rms also what would u recomend as box sizes for my subs as i have a small box at the mo and it just isnt as loud as it was when i heared it in a biger box ?

i was thinking of 2 300 watt RMS/mpo (which ever is bigger) crunch amps with the cool little displays on the front, but i was advised that by a friend and im not sure if it is best for what i want

i do also have a 2 channel crossover as of the 4th of january anyways

im trying to make it show standard and eventually i want another pair of 6x9's in the boot but i think ill cover that herdle when i get to it

any, and i mean any, information you can give me would be very very much apreciated

as mr. newbie over here knows absolutly nothing

thanx DB

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.