Planet Audio 2400.1

OverSt
10+ year member

Anyone have any experience with one? I have the opportunity to get one for $100. I'm thinking its a deal too good to pass up. Problem is... My current subs are dual JL Audio w0v3's They're rated around 200w rms at 4ohm a piece. The PA 2400.1 is rated at 1000wx1 at 4ohm.

Can i still run this amp with these subs and just set the gain really low.

I don't want to spend anymore cash on subs until stereo integrity comes out with their new line or these w0's bite the dust.

Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.

Good amps and they do rated afaik. I saw a handful of people using them when I went to the MECA Ohio state finals. Keep your gains down low or just sell them on your local craigslist, the people on there have huge boners for anything JL. Just make sure you have the electrical to run it.

the hell is wrong with JL? besides the fact that "i'm too poor to afford JL"

and how can planet audio be considered good? 1500wrms is not possible with a 30 amp fuse.....

I don't care. It's in the name. Planet Audio is cheap junk. Even if that amp does it's rated power, I would never use a brand that sells a "1500wrms" amp that sports a single 30 amp fuse... oh and decks that do "85w X 4" yeahhhhhh they aren't lying or anything...

but hey if that's what you're into... we have a 1500wrms planet audio amps... will let them go for 180...

^ You are a *******. STFU and stop posting until you learn a thing.

The BB2400 utilizes 250A of external fusing. It will do close to rated power @1ohm OP. $100.00 is a steal for the ability of 2kW.

Just take it really easy on the settings of the amplifier when using it on your JL W0s.

The BB2400 utilizes 250A of external fusing. It will do close to rated power @1ohm OP. $100.00 is a steal for the ability of 2kW.

Just take it really easy on the settings of the amplifier when using it on your JL W0s.

Thanks for the response i went ahead and bought the amp. There actually ended up a little damage to it. One of the plastic mounting holes/ black plastic piece that covers the gain knobs etc.... broke off. Does anyone know if i'd be to just order that piece from PA?

I don't care. It's in the name. Planet Audio is cheap junk. Even if that amp does it's rated power, I would never use a brand that sells a "1500wrms" amp that sports a single 30 amp fuse... oh and decks that do "85w X 4" yeahhhhhh they aren't lying or anything...

but hey if that's what you're into... we have a 1500wrms planet audio amps... will let them go for 180...
Unless you are helping anyone, which I doubt considering the 82 groans, you need to GTFO mmmkay?

And where is this 30 amp fuse you speak of?

quick question, how do you know its a BB series amps from just knowing its a 2400.1. for all we know it could be the newer line and be junk. but i still dont like the JL hugger though

quick question, how do you know its a BB series amps from just knowing its a 2400.1. for all we know it could be the newer line and be junk. but i still dont like the JL hugger though
JL and T1 nuthugger. im sure if we could afford it we would hug also. Must be nice to have the best.

It is a Big Bang series amp. Sorry i forgot to add that in the original post. But then again i don't think anyone would actually buy anything from PA that isn't from the BB line.

Im extremely new to this brand and i know not to mess with their other lines.

i think there is a reason your dumb a$$ has been groaned 89 times with under 50 post.

I have JL had had many of there products and yes IMO they are great not saying they are the best there are many brands that are just as good and even better but i have personally heard nothing bad about the planet audio amps.

There isnt nothing "wrong" with JL. Its the prices of a 10 year old designed sub, and a amp that will "mute" itself when the voltage/amperage drops. But it still makes power? how JL huggers say they get loud with out electrical upgrades but even JL recommends a HO for the 1000/1? But its mostly the people that buy JL, stick it in some off the self box and say its the best. They ruin it for the ones that hug JL and have a clue on how to get some decent performance out of it. Its a middle of the road SQ company, IMO a real SQ company dont have budget crap like the WX subs and JX amps. People that compare the price of JL to Hertz/Audison and Mc crack me up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.