Placement of ct sounds bio 10 console box

bunnerrabbit
10+ year member

Looking for opinions on placement of 10 sub in a console box. Options are rear facing at the back of the front seats or facing up just forward of the seats near the floor. 98 Honda Odyssey. Looking to get some mid bass out of it and set cutoff at 100hz of so. It's only 150w sub and I only have 175w amp for it anyway.

[quote name='bunnerrabbit']Looking for opinions on placement of 10 sub in a console box. Options are rear facing at the back of the front seats or facing up just forward of the seats near the floor. 98 Honda Odyssey. Looking to get some mid bass out of it and set cutoff at 100hz of so. It's only 150w sub and I only have 175w amp for it anyway.[/QUOTE]
just not many with experience on console boxes and thats lower sub than most of us use.. if u just talking about sealed box it won't have a ton of output i'd guess near the floor.. @Jeffdachef has talked about budget builds with bios maybe he'll give u some feedback..

midbass from a 10" sub? Put 'er in a t-line if you want it to have bass and midbass at the same time.

Need dims to work with....

Looking for opinions on placement of 10 sub in a console box. Options are rear facing at the back of the front seats or facing up just forward of the seats near the floor. 98 Honda Odyssey. Looking to get some mid bass out of it and set cutoff at 100hz of so. It's only 150w sub and I only have 175w amp for it anyway.
on a honda odyssey i'd say your best bet is A 1/4 wave transmission line box that you can fit where the 3rd row seats fold down and can quickly disconnect and remove. Box should be made of birch or pine plywood to keep weight down. From personal experience nothing up front in a minivan will produce any output or sound. Its a dead hole up there and you are just wasting time. I've done it in every possible configuration to try to get midbass but the only reliable way was to deaden doors and put more power to the door speakers with quality door speakers. The easier way is to do the 1/4 wave transmission line box which will get you A LOT of midbass response and loudness even on only 150 watts.

Don't over think it, you bought a 35$ sub with 6mm Xmax. Put it in a 1/2 cu ft sealed box anywhere in the van and it will give you what your looking for. Just be careful playing music with low bass..not sure if your amp has a high pass filter..even with 175watts you can blow a entry level sub

How much room so you have between your seats? I had 13.75" between my silverado seats..I feel like the odyssey has much less. I would say fire it at the ground but you would need 12" between the seats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.