Door speaker placement

Participant count
  • Participant list

CarAudio.com Recruit
So I already have 4 6x9s and 4 5x7s in my doors and rear cab corners. My sub box is a center console.
I picked up 4 6.5s, wondering if it would sound good if they are built onto the sub box firing towards the doors? Or should I just try to put them in the doors?

Put them in the doors. If you try to fire speakers from the center towards the doors, you will have cancellation issues. Plus if you are trying to put the speakers in the subwoofer box airspace, the pressure inside the box from the subs will move the cones of the 6.5’s. This at a minimum will cause distortion, and can actually rip the cones off the speakers.

Thank you. I’ll make pods for the doors. Next question,
My back doors have no speakers. The rears are in the rear pillars. My front doors have 2 each. All kicker but the new speakers are Polk. Should I put 2 in each back door or 1 in each door?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...