Aeroport

Hey guys, I just read something about if a port is too big it could cause sub unloading? What exactly is this? I just built a box for my two 15s with a 10 inch aeroport
it mean sub will act like it's not in a box at all and will bottom out.. tell us how big box is and they can tell u if port is to big..

It's just about 5
yeah thats fine, or at least dif not to big.. u say about 5 so if it's like 4.5 after port and sub disp u would be at like 7sqin port per cf which is just ok.. i think round port recommendation is like 7-12 per cf.. jeff or kr may answer soon

popwar goodluck homie hope and wish you all the best and that everything's fine and safe. I grew up in riverview by Brandon/Tampa area and my grandma whos been there 40+ years actually took this one as a serious threat. Took her 17 hours to drive to Biloxi Mississippi. Which is nuts!!! She then tells me she didn't board up window or anything when the douchenoozle that rents my moms old house next door did his but not a 75 yo lady's that lets him rent for 450$ a month for a 2 bedroom one car garage(anyone reading rent in tampa area is normally 8-1100$ a month for a house like that) so guess who may be taking a week off work and flying down in a few days.......this ones looking bad for the Tampa area.

But back on topic. I've built more aero boxs than I can think of because they save space and 7-9 is the sweet spot. Stay around 7 if you wanna tune and dig lowww cost me a lot of money in wood andnports to figure that one out over time.

Hey guys, I just read something about if a port is too big it could cause sub unloading? What exactly is this? I just built a box for my two 15s with a 10 inch aeroport
might want to go down to an 8 instead. I've always had issues with the port being way too big causing issues myself and it all remedied from shrinking the port.

[quote name='Mayhem']Five?

Ok sounds good to me[/QUOTE]

Five? Five what? Five feet, five cubes after displacements, 5 cubes before, 5 little people dressed in clown suits running around at night kicking people in the nuts???? Details bro. So many calculators that you should be able to get down dang close. For example I have 3 sundown e12s in 7.3 tuned to 28 with 15 per port and things nasty from 25-45. Which by the way.. @BOOMINGRANDPA pm me a phone number to text pics I have a brand new e12 d2 v3 in box still just collecting dust. I'll cut ya a deal on it. Know u been looking at all kinds of 12s

Sorry mayhem. Was ment for op. 5 is vague as fawk. Like what's 5??? 2 15s in 5 cubes with a 10" aero would unload for sure easy. But what subs, what amp, what electrical. All these help when asking for help. I don't take my truck to my buddy's shop and say it's making a clunk and drop it off and expect him to fix it. Details are a must. Bigger port area isn't always better

2 years and now hit the 300 post. Woot woot!!! Lmao.....

@Popwarhomie you guys look like you'll still get it but I have been worried sick formmy home town area. Tampa usually lucks out and just gets bands but this looks different. And while flooding is not funny what so ever or damage or anything but would be kinda sick to rip through downtown Tampa and st Pete on my jestski with no traffic haulin arse. But for real bro prayers going out to everyone down there. I hope everyone is just over reacting and it's not bad but lookin like west Florida is gonna get beat. And way too soon but had to share this one. I got a sick since of humor I guess.....I'm not making light of the situation this just had me dying in my living room yesterday. Choo choo!!!! I'm done lol. Sorry if I hurt anyone else in Florida feelings with this one.

125hlza.jpg

What subs, what's your box deminsions, what power and electrical. 5 cubes is way to small for 15s. 2 12s would be better. Give us all the details of your set up you can. Box highth width depth wood thickness bracing etc......and I mean only one way to find out right???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.