Pioneer RCAs Trouble

Participant count
  • Participant list

SMFJ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
A few months back I hot swapped my RCAs one day playing around with one of my subs. I'm pretty sure I blew my PICO fuse that day in my Pioneer 4100UB. googled about and found into on grounding RCAs long story short grounding the RCAs got rid of 95% of my noise issues which is quite livable.

Only complaint I have is the thud coming from my left speakers when I cut my car on and off. Thud became second nature.

I picked up the GT-42 in the classifieds here today and I can only get continuous mid-low power out of the right RCAs. Tested the amp with the iPhone a few minutes ago and it worked like a champ. So I know it's my head unit. When I connect the left channels from the head unit to the amp it plays in short bursts as the safety light flashes.

Head unit works fine with my MB QUART Q4.150 with grounded RCAs besides the thud.

Is there a way to eliminate current flow in the RCAs I believe that will fix my problem. Me and my head unit have a a lot of history and I really don't want to scrap it. ALL IDEAS WELCOME.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.