Picking a sub, need experet opinion

Haha, so what opinion do you need if you've already picked out your stuff?

The Kicker prefabs are generally tuned high, I believe somewhere in the 40s.

CT

^x2.....it seems as though you already have you're setup picked out. I think you can do better. If you're wanting one 12, you can find better for the same price point. you will have to build your own box though, which will run extra. that phoenix gold amp is not worth $259 (thinking that's how much you're gonna pay).

I really couldn't begin to tell what kind of setup you should look at until you let us know what kind of setup you want. do you want SPL or SQ? how much do you have to work with: total? how much room do you have. what kind of setup (1 12", etc.)

I heard kicker hits hard and still sounds good

I have somewhere between 500$ and 400$ to spend on the sub amp and box.

Having listened to ported enclosed subs i like em better, so i want a ported one.

How much do you think a custom box cost me, better yet if you can direct me

to a site that sells em.

The amp, someone said good things about PG and the 300w seems cheap enough

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17533

150$ here, again my decisions are by no means final and i'm open to suggestions.

The amp to get for that $$ in my opinion woudl be MTX TA7801 1200 @ 1 ohm its 250$ all day.

The 600 watt model of the MTX is really cheap as well.

Look into Fi subwoofers as well

Fi SSD 12" is 800rms and 189$ shipped

Look into Type R as well 15" type R on 1k in a ported box is gonna wang.

The kicker is a good option as well just maybe get someone on here to build your box.

1. How much space do you have for this sub?

2. Stock electrical system?

I was recently in search of some stuff and I was suggested to look into elemental designs. They sells subs, amps, and custom boxes. Check out their site, pick what you want, then use this link to package it together for a discount.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/packages.php

I can not offer much advice on which unit to go with, all I know it that I was pointed in that direction with a similar budget.

The FI subs seem nice, can't seem to find anyone that sells them but i'll keep at it.

the box can be about 33" by 16" by 20"

the 33" is the width of the rear of my trunk 15-16" hight and about 20"

out so i can still transport some things in there.

my electrical is stock so far, i'll do a big 3 upgrade when time comes.

ps i always thought MTX made low quality product?

The elemental designs site has some killer enclosures

but their amp and sub selection is weird. and i dun think it'll fit my budget

The FI subs seem nice, can't seem to find anyone that sells them but i'll keep at it.
the box can be about 33" by 16" by 20"

the 33" is the width of the rear of my trunk 15-16" hight and about 20"

out so i can still transport some things in there.

my electrical is stock so far, i'll do a big 3 upgrade when time comes.

ps i always thought MTX made low quality product?
http://www.ficaraudio.com

buy direct they wont be sold in shops

If you are interested in Kicker L7's I have two 12's and a box i built that is probably to big, its 36" X 18" X 22" tuned to 35hz. I am located right near you in Danville. Give me a pm if you are interested in anything.

^^^^those L7s would be good if the price is right. that MTX that skatboardkid suggested would do a good job on those as well. maybe underpowering a little bit, but nothing that will really reduce the potential of the subs.

I am no expert, but I am an experet..

I would suggest a Sound Splinter Sub.

Most importantly get the RIGHT box for whatever sub you choose. A crappy sub in the right box will sound better than a good sub in a crappy box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.