Need help picking a new Android head unit.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Colt88

CarAudio.com Newbie
I posted this on another forum. No answers yet...

I bought a Jeep with an Atoto A6 in it. I don't know exactly which one just it's an AtotoA6

That said the buttons do not work any longer.
I can get around that but the volume buttons not working are a real pita.

Why I'm looking for this type of unit is I have a front canera that rolls all the time and saves its files into the micro SD card on the unit.
I can review and delete them right on the head unit.
I really like this capability!

From what I understand Android HU's are really the only ones with this capability...???

So I need a HU android with a KNOB for volume as I hate buttons...
I need an SD card slot.

The rest would be standard equipment in 2024...bluetooth, amp pre outs..
Reverse and front camera input.
DVR app for the canera in front.

This is in a Wrangler and just a double Din size is my need.

I play music from my phone to the unit..

The knob and front camera and viewing deleting/SD card are a must.

Thanks for any replies.

The easy answer would be another atoto a6. The a6 pf can be had new for less than $150. No rewiring, unplug the broken one and plug the new one in.

i had the Atoto A6 in my Jeep Patriot. It’s been surprisingly good actually for as cheap as it was. The buttons are a bit janky, but they’ve never failed. There is a reset on the front. Try pushing a pin in that little hole on the front and holding it for a few seconds

Last edited:
i had the Atoto A6 in my Jeep Patriot. It’s been surprisingly good actually for as cheap as it was. The buttons are a bit janky, but they’ve never failed. There is a reset on the front. Try pushing a pin in that little hole on the front and holding it for a few seconds
I've done that much to no avail.

That said it probably happened after it got wet. I got caught out in a rain storm with no top and while it didn't get submerged it was a pretty good dowsing....

Aside from the buttons being ignorant I liked the unit. Matter of fact my only complaint was the lack of a volume knob.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...