Photos of car audio gear you have owned

Staining birch isn't easy. I've done 4 so far.  Last one looks a lot better then the first one I did lol.

Yeah I like the barn red ebony combination 
That was my first stain job with birch, I think it went pretty well but I'm fairly experienced with paints and stains. 

I have some blues and gray stains sitting around, I think the next box will have a worn/aged sort of denim look to it. 

This is the stain I used, it's a relatively new product, it's real easy to work with and covers very well:

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/varathane/varathane-fast-dry-wood-stain

That was my first stain job with birch, I think it went pretty well but I'm fairly experienced with paints and stains. 

I have some blues and gray stains sitting around, I think the next box will have a worn/aged sort of denim look to it. 

This is the stain I used, it's a relatively new product, it's real easy to work with and covers very well:

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/varathane/varathane-fast-dry-wood-stain
I'd love to see it when you get it done. I dig the strained look.

@audiobaun I used to have this very same amp back in the early 90's. It was my 1st amp and dam was it expensive!! Guy originally wanted 250 back then but took it for 200. All the $ I had at the time which was not a whole lot for a 16 yr old lol.

image.png

Staining birch isn't easy. I've done 4 so far.  Last one looks a lot better then the first one I did lol.

Yeah I like the barn red ebony combination 
Staining birch is really easy. Wipe it on wipe it off. At least to me that's easy. It's the polyutherane part that's difficult. I did my 1st stain project:

017.jpg

018.jpg

Staining birch is really easy. Wipe it on wipe it off. At least to me that's easy. It's the polyutherane part that's difficult. I did my 1st stain project:

View attachment 2814

View attachment 2815
looks good man. Yeah applying it is easy no doubt but getting a nice even finish,I've found anyway,to be the difficult part. Pre stain definitely helps but some of the pre stain I've tried just blocks too much of the color imo. Looking at yours it looks like you didn't use pre stain?  Not saying anything wrong with not using it but you can tell a difference on some colors. I've gotten decent results using true black without pre stain but the lighter colors show blotch.

@audiobaun I used to have this very same amp back in the early 90's. It was my 1st amp and dam was it expensive!! Guy originally wanted 250 back then but took it for 200. All the $ I had at the time which was not a whole lot for a 16 yr old lol.

View attachment 2813
Great series of Zed amps,and the VIII series.I still have a VII Vulcan,VII Gemeni,VII Hurcules.. VIII CyClops,VIII Vulcan, and a VIII Pluto.I like the VII series much better for some reason.Just like the Looks and the ease of connections a little better rather than the Plugs for the VIII series.They still work and sound very nice.I had several of these over the years.Great amps!

MattinMO said:
Just swooped up all this for $100. Subs have a couple battle scars but overall look good and amps are in great shape. The chrome series punch amps are not my favorite tho. 

View attachment 3148
Very nice score for $100 bucks!!! That RF amp on the top left worth more than that if in good working order depending on the model

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.