Photos of car audio gear you have owned

B53BC291-083E-4756-AF3D-BE07CE95D9F4.jpeg

24BDB1FB-C7AF-4557-87F7-3DE289869C43.jpeg

i always wonder why people worry so much about what others spend on hobbies/collections. do you have a domicile? are you and your family fed, clothed, and financially secure? are you adequately prepared for the future, financially,  and otherwise? do you have transportation, or a way to travel to neccessary locations? if the answers yes.. have at it. have 5 million dollars in nostalgic electronics. have fun and enjoy 

Some really nice gear here!  I am sure some have moved some gear and just hanging on to the pics for their memories.  Don't know about you guys but I bought all my old school gear second hand as I could not afford them when they were released. 

i always wonder why people worry so much about what others spend on hobbies/collections. do you have a domicile? are you and your family fed, clothed, and financially secure? are you adequately prepared for the future, financially,  and otherwise? do you have transportation, or a way to travel to neccessary locations? if the answers yes.. have at it. have 5 million dollars in nostalgic electronics. have fun and enjoy 
Tahoe12,  I agree with you mate about setting priorities with electronics as they can cost a lot.  I cannot assume that most pics here were bought new or second hand but its good to share pics of new and discontinued electronic products of the yester- years.  Whatever the outcome, I am happy that you all shared your pics here.  Not worried If you are chasing SQ or SPL , its just the idea of seeing items in good condition regardless of their age as most here would take good care of their products  regardless of how much dosh was forked out to buy the gear. :rolleyes:

20170807_231357.jpgSome of my very first car audio stuff. The ssl and the 2 channel were my very first amps, and a kenwood 500watt dvc was first sub, then the pure audio was second subthe 750watt rms 2 ohm, sold it and got two dvc 4 ohm 750rms pure car audio for same price as the one. Built box for the two and then sold to buddy and installed to get the re audio sxx dvc 4ohm 1200 watt rms. Oh and then got the nvx amps the jad1200.1 and the jad800.4 (second amp setup) and ofc 1/0 awg nvx cable and all rcas through them too. And built new box for the re audios. 

I will be starting a new thread on my third and final setup up for this car anyways tomorrow with pics updating as I go.

20170429_122225.jpg

20170807_231357.jpg

20180713_003755.jpg

20180817_185801.jpg

20180913_013236.jpg

20170910_012027.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, it photographs better than it looks in person. The color isn't as even as i wanted, I thought I could get away without prestain but birch is too soft of a wood. The stain is Varathane barn red and the sides are ebony. I literally finished the box on Sunday. 
Staining birch isn't easy. I've done 4 so far.  Last one looks a lot better then the first one I did lol.

Yeah I like the barn red ebony combination 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DRBOOM

CarAudio.com Exclusive
DRBOOM
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Freder8d