Photos of car audio gear you have owned

WTF is wrong with you?

I really appreciate the old school amp collection and all, but if you sold this hoard you could afford to do something really amazing right now.

I've got some pics of old school and unusual goodies on another hard drive, I might remember to dig into them and post a few later.
Ive been collecting and buying Old Zeds for years.When I bought my first BTS 7050 and Mean Machine 44hc, I was hooked!Nothing like some clean sound and Cheating going on.LOL.I had a small truck during that time and could only fit so much,reason so many 2 chs.Just kept adding on.kept them over the years.they all still work very well to this day.Some good old USA made gear.Kept inside all these years,no leaking caps to speak of. Still test them out and swapp from time to time

WTF is wrong with you?

I really appreciate the old school amp collection and all, but if you sold this hoard you could afford to do something really amazing right now.

I've got some pics of old school and unusual goodies on another hard drive, I might remember to dig into them and post a few later.
Ill prob start unloading this soon.Ive enjoyed them pretty much enough. Offers always welcomed of course

the top shelf is worth a few thousand by itself much less the rest of his hoard LOL :)  some guys just like having that stuff. You should talk to some of the pool players i know who have dozens of cues many of which are worth a few thousand each that never see daylight
That top shelf of Means are some really great clean sounding amps man.Some my favorites.I may do another install with them in time.this is just a taste of what I have to be honest.have several subs,Xovers,HUs,Components, Coax,Mids and Tweets and enclosures lying around and my 12x14 room is pretty full ATM.I like having options of course. Never thought Id end up with this much gear.Get to buying stuff,and it adds up eventually,LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF is wrong with you?

I have some other pics of other collections Ive sold off on a desk top Id have to try pull up some day and post.I see the majority of my old amps on Ebay alot and other sites and brings back memories of course.

Ill prob start unloading this soon.Ive enjoyed them pretty much enough. Offers always welcomed of course
I've downsized a lot myself.   There's only 1 or 2 old school amps I'd ever be interested in owning these days.  Apart from keeping a few items around for emergencies I just don't see a big collection of nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia.

I've downsized a lot myself.   There's only 1 or 2 old school amps I'd ever be interested in owning these days.  Apart from keeping a few items around for emergencies I just don't see a big collection of nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia.
I have downsized quite a bit..Working gets in the way quite a bit to unload and the time taken.Ive started unloading a little at a time recently.Not the best of times atm to do so, but trying

Crystal on that.Ive enjoyed enough. I may keep a couple for a simple install move the rest

Thanks man! I like that sub. I put it in the old lady's truck to see if she liked it. Now I've got to build a box for it to go under the rear seat. Crutchfield has had it on sale for 100 $ for the last few weeks so I bought another 1 for myself lol. 
Is that the s2 or s3?

Sonic electronix has those Jbls and Infinitys in the clearance section all the time. I got 2 of the Infinity 12s for $75 each, the ad said they were open box/damaged packaging- the boxes were fine and not a mark on the subs. They are just sitting around, no idea when I will do something with them lol.

Is that the s2 or s3?

Sonic electronix has those Jbls and Infinitys in the clearance section all the time. I got 2 of the Infinity 12s for $75 each, the ad said they were open box/damaged packaging- the boxes were fine and not a mark on the subs. They are just sitting around, no idea when I will do something with them lol.
It's the s 3. I was surprised they even got them I assumed the s 3 was discontinued since the stadiums came out. May end up buying another 1 idk been keeping an eye on it to see when it drops down to low stock.

Crutchfield seems to have a deal with Harmon. Lot of their products are the best prices I can find anyway. I got the k1000 a while back thinking that was a good deal for 219. They dropped it down to 179 black Friday weekend. Still at 179 last time I looked. 

I seen the open box s 3 on sonic for 95 recently. Is that the reference 12s?

I bought 3 of the type s 12s from sonic. When they had it at 69$ for a few days then it went back to 74.99 till they sold out last week. I've gotten a few open box and even a scratch and dent hu from crutchfield. I couldn't find a scratch anywhere on the hu. Never had an issue with any open box stuff.

Idk i seem to be a sucker for subwoofer sales under 100$ here lately lol.

It's the s 3. I was surprised they even got them I assumed the s 3 was discontinued since the stadiums came out. May end up buying another 1 idk been keeping an eye on it to see when it drops down to low stock.

Crutchfield seems to have a deal with Harmon. Lot of their products are the best prices I can find anyway. I got the k1000 a while back thinking that was a good deal for 219. They dropped it down to 179 black Friday weekend. Still at 179 last time I looked. 

I seen the open box s 3 on sonic for 95 recently. Is that the reference 12s?

I bought 3 of the type s 12s from sonic. When they had it at 69$ for a few days then it went back to 74.99 till they sold out last week. I've gotten a few open box and even a scratch and dent hu from crutchfield. I couldn't find a scratch anywhere on the hu. Never had an issue with any open box stuff.

Idk i seem to be a sucker for subwoofer sales under 100$ here lately lol.
The Infinity reference is the same as the s2, the Kappa is the same as the s3. 

You got a great deal on that s3.

If you look carefully there are some very well performing subs for under $100. 

The Infinity reference is the same as the s2, the Kappa is the same as the s3. 

You got a great deal on that s3.

If you look carefully there are some very well performing subs for under $100. 
Yeah I really like the s3. 2 of them on that k1000 would sound good i think.

I'm not stuck on 100 $ subs but I knew The s3 was a good deal. Type s 12s something to play with. Wouldn't mind trying 6th order for fun.It actually dose pretty good for a 70 $ sub  in a 2.5 with almost 26 sq in2 port area. Was thinking it would be too boomy but it turned out better then what I was expecting.

I've been eye balling some of the American bass subs. The xfl 12 doesn't look too bad. Liked how it modeled anyway. Idk I need to get some boxes made up and try to sell a few before I get anything else. The old lady starting to look at me sideways lol.

@audiobaun Why are you posting pics of my amp? lmao

1232.jpg

1235.jpg

397.jpg

003.jpg

703.jpg

1420.JPG

656.JPG

382.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DRBOOM

CarAudio.com Exclusive
DRBOOM
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Freder8d