PG RSD Tweeters or Something Else?

Participant count
  • Participant list

whitedragon551
5,000+ posts

IL
What should I go with? I found a set of PG RSD tweeters from a PG RSD comp set with the cross overs. Are they good enough for daily listening? Or should I find something else along the lines of Power Acoustic NB-4 tweeters or something else for less than $20. I dont need anything super expensive. Just something to improve the front sound stage. The rear 6x9s over power the front pretty bad to the point where I have to put my head right next to the speaker to hear anything.

I have the RSD comps and while i like them, i think the tweeter tends to be pretty harsh at higher listening levels. Look around for something else imo.

I like my RSD comps. I just set the crossovers to -3db for the tweets and turned down the high eq on my head unit. They can be harsh at extreme volumes, but for normal to loud listening i like them a lot.

Im not going to be maxing out the volume on my deck any time. I have a Pioneer DEH5800 and everything has been tuned to volume 40/60 at the most. Usually at 30-35/60 is where its at for most songs.

The PG will work, I have them and they get the job done. Not the best sounding tweeters that I have ever heard, but not bad at all esp for their price. I prefer them over the tweeters that were with my RF Power series comps.

For the price Im getting them it will be a steal. Anyone know the dimensions on them? Just the tweeters and the x-over dimensions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.