patching sub and amp into factory unit. need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

magnus28
10+ year member

Canada
Hi all. Just bought a 2013 VT Turbo.

What I want to do is just hook up my ported 10" sub and 750W amp to the factory system.

I had this setup in my old Mazda3. I left alone the factory deck and speakers, and just patched in the amp and sub thru the rear - and + speakers using a line output converter.

I want to know if there is any additional steps to do in the VT, as it has an 8 speaker setup and a sub vs a 6 speaker setup with no sub.

It was easy to do in the Mazda. All I did was remove the two B pillars behind the front seats and located the rear left neg on the left side, and rear right pos on the right side speaker wires and patched the pos and neg wires on the line output converter to turn off and on the amp whenever it detected power on the rear lines.

I just want to add a sub and have the amp wired mono to this setup.. Just want to add a little extra base. I'm fine with leaving everything else alone..

Is there anything else I should know?

Can someone confirm I just need to patch in to those two wires?

any special considerations?

thx.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.