Party Bus Build

Audio512

Low_life
Hey y’all! New to this forum but not to audio by a long way.
I’m building out the audio system in a party bus and I just wanted to bounce my ideas off y’all. I don’t do busses often.

Here is what I’m thinking. Please tell me what you think. Starting the build next week.

Fusion RA670 head unit (multizone)
“ “ wired remote for driver

Fosgate Prime 750.5x 2
Fosgate Power 6.5 coax X 4 sets
Fosgate P2D212 subs x 2
2 stiffing caps 1.5f ea
Fuse block on breakers
Audiocontrol

My thought is to use the existing bulkhead and reinforce with MDF and dynamat. Angle 2 sets slightly forward and two to the rear and build out the bar/tv wall in back to house the subs. Downfiring with a fog machine in front of a common port.
I’m doing all Fosgate on purpose but didn’t like their multimedia options. I haven’t used fusion before but they’re highly rated -‘d I think they’ll do the job.
thoughts?

Hey y’all! New to this forum but not to audio by a long way.
I’m building out the audio system in a party bus and I just wanted to bounce my ideas off y’all. I don’t do busses often.

Here is what I’m thinking. Please tell me what you think. Starting the build next week.

Fusion RA670 head unit (multizone)
“ “ wired remote for driver

Fosgate Prime 750.5x 2
Fosgate Power 6.5 coax X 4 sets
Fosgate P2D212 subs x 2
2 stiffing caps 1.5f ea
Fuse block on breakers
Audiocontrol

My thought is to use the existing bulkhead and reinforce with MDF and dynamat. Angle 2 sets slightly forward and two to the rear and build out the bar/tv wall in back to house the subs. Downfiring with a fog machine in front of a common port.
I’m doing all Fosgate on purpose but didn’t like their multimedia options. I haven’t used fusion before but they’re highly rated -‘d I think they’ll do the job.
thoughts?

Can we get some pics of the bus? I'd like to see what kind of subwoofer box you can fit in there. If you have a huge bus, and you actually want decent bass in there, you're going to have to pressurize a very large cabin airspace, if it's a large bus.

What kind of music is the party bus going to be playing? I definitely would talk this out a bit, and maybe consider something different from the 1.5f capacitors. If you want to play loud for a long time, I'd get a HO alt, some big battery reserves, etc.

We really need to know how this bus is going to be used.

Without any pics, and its a bus, you would need at least 2 15;s in the rear and 2 more 15's up front in a ported enclosure so it is efficient with say, 1000 rms per set for bass duties and then 2 four channel amps to run speakers front, middle and rear, secondary battery, battery isolator, '0' gauge, LED strips, and loads of sound deadening and custom carpentry work.

Those busses can get loud without having extreme systems in them. Plus, the people in them usually still want to be able to talk and have a good time. They don't have to be bass boxes. A couple of 12's and a bunch of mids and highs is all you need.

Those busses can get loud without having extreme systems in them. Plus, the people in them usually still want to be able to talk and have a good time. They don't have to be bass boxes. A couple of 12's and a bunch of mids and highs is all you need.
I knew a guy that had a full size van with one kicker 10. To this day Im still impressed by it. Sure a wall of 15's will get loud af but... Just saying

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...