Demo Videos

Participant count
  • Participant list
I did it at 7 p.m. Vegas time.
It shows you started the thread at 10 pm and last post from you was 2:30 AM. Maybe it shows eastern time. I don’t find demo videos very useful unless it’s recorded with a really good microphone and I’m listening to it on my car stereo. Maybe for the visuals of the car flexing, but some of those videos just show a lack of well placed sound deadener. It doesn’t impress me to see a rear hatch windshield wiper rattling, I just used pounds of sound deadener to prevent that. If I could get the wave going on my front windshield, I might post it, but I’m only running a 600 watt 10 right now with enough deadening to make any video I post very unimpressive looking. It sound loud though. Lol

It shows you started the thread at 10 pm and last post from you was 2:30 AM. Maybe it shows eastern time. I don’t find demo videos very useful unless it’s recorded with a really good microphone and I’m listening to it on my car stereo. Maybe for the visuals of the car flexing, but some of those videos just show a lack of well placed sound deadener. It doesn’t impress me to see a rear hatch windshield wiper rattling, I just used pounds of sound deadener to prevent that. If I could get the wave going on my front windshield, I might post it, but I’m only running a 600 watt 10 right now with enough deadening to make any video I post very unimpressive looking. It sound loud though. Lol

I haven't sound deadened the doors at all. I probably should at some point. My voltage is a lot better since adding the Lishen (5 cells) lithium. What 10" sub are you running?

I haven't sound deadened the doors at all. I probably should at some point. My voltage is a lot better since adding the Lishen (5 cells) lithium. What 10" sub are you running?
One of those Audio legion 10s from their bankruptcy sale. I have a couple of them. I built one for my brothers Christmas present, but since I blew my little Dayton 8, I threw it in my Jeep for now. The little thing is actually loud and gets low.
57BB62A5-A8A4-4558-A7E6-0C2F4C915EDB.jpeg

I used Dayton 4 inch woofers in my doors. 2 per door. I couldn’t find a 6x9 midbass I liked, so I made an adapter plate to fit dual 4 inch woofers instead. Deadening the doors helped a lot to bring out the midbass.

Why didn't you just go with a 6-½" midbass in the doors?
Because there is a cavity in the door that the speaker fits down into. The 6.5s I wanted to use were 1/8 inch too large on the outside diameter. Plus, I had these just sitting around for a house speaker project that I didn’t end up using. I had to space these off 1.25 inches because the magnets hit the back of a weird stupid concave in the panel behind it. I’m probably going to get some CDT 6x9s at some point to replace them with. They actually sound really nice and keep up with a 600 watt 10 inch sub, so I’m going to keep them for awhile. I’m going to do a pod for a 6x9 first in that spot before I do anything else.
A21FD8EC-149D-4E11-A7D6-CAB96BC51F6C.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Bobbytwonames

5,000+ posts
Trigger Man!
Bobbytwonames
Vegas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied