Parade truck, would you do it?

Ksan
10+ year member

Dodge HEMI
My daughter is a cheerleader for the local high school and a parade is coming up for our town. She has volunteered my truck (with me driving) to go ahead of the cheerleaders and play the stereo music for the dancing but they want me to take off the bed cover and let people ride in the back of my truck and throw out candy. I am wondering what do you guys think the chance is that the truck will be dented and scratched up with this. This truck is almost show quality and I have a lot of work and money put into it. What do you guys think? Tell them no or go for it and hope my truck is not destroyed.

EDIT....also everyone will know their is a stereo in this truck if it is played in a parade, the chance of being robbed soon after the parade would be high. This is another flaw in doing this.

One of my friends had his truck pulled on a float for homecoming when we were in high school. He didn't seem to care that he was running four 18s with two power 650s and letting everyone know about it.

As for me, I tend to shy away from "show quality" vehicles because one ding in a parking lot would royally piss me off. If I had a Dodge SRT-10 truck with a show quality paint job, I would be less likely to allow kids to sit in the back of it and throw out candy.

i'd put some fender covers or real soft blankets that won't scratch all around the bed and make sure your alarm works properly for after the parade.

Thanks for the helpful post guys, I think I will go ahead and do it for them, it might be a lot of fun.

Now for the perverts talking about my 16 year old daughter, why don't you guys just come over to my house and meet her, that would be better for all of us, it would give me the chance to rid the world of some scum. Sit back behind your keyboard and be a little ***** but if you want to come over....hey i would be happy about it, just don't cry when i cut your nuts off and feed them to you.

Thanks for the helpful post guys, I think I will go ahead and do it for them, it might be a lot of fun.

Now for the perverts talking about my 16 year old daughter, why don't you guys just come over to my house and meet her, that would be better for all of us, it would give me the chance to rid the world of some scum. Sit back behind your keyboard and be a little ***** but if you want to come over....hey i would be happy about it, just don't cry when i cut your nuts off and feed them to you.
hey now im only 17, can i meet her?

Do it, she'll appreciate it, and you can use the deed as leverage whenever needed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.