Painting subwoofer cone... how to?

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
so yeah i have 2 brand new 10" alpine type r's... (the black ones)... and i made a custom fiberglass box that was molded into my roof with 2 6x9's 2 super tweeters and an 8 inch sub... but the alpine 8" has the older style grey color on it.... i want to change that to match.

what do i need to buy? high heat paint?

do i need to sand it down then paint it?

(yes im not a ******* "dont paint the rubber surround")

other stupid things to not do?

is it removable so i can paint it easier?...

is it safe? (for my sub)

troll? so much wrong with first post....
is it really that difficult to understand that i want to paint my subwoofer to match my others. and what do i need to do unless its a bad idea. its pretty straight forward.

you want an 8" to match two 10"? sell it and buy a 3rd 10". that's the best answer you are going to get.
/sigh... can i not get stupid responses please. I have a fiberglass box that is already made and formed to the roof of my truck with AN EIGHT INCH SUB HOLE that is upholstered and set. now can i paint the sub black to match the others without screwing it up or not.

Yes? no? maybe? I'm not sure of your abilities. I woulda had that thing painted and drying by now at any rate.

I'd just shoot it with a little spray paint and see what happens, personally.

that doesnt help me at all... does anyone have any info that i can actually use... and my abilities are that i work at a boat dealership and i'm the audio tech / fiberglass man. im just wondering if the paint is going to screw it up and if i need to do it a specific way so it doesnt screw it up... if you dont know what ur talking about stop trying to act like it.

Well, with light coats, i doubt it will change how it sounds, it's not like your plasti-dipping it or something? Which even then... Yes, you are adding additional weight to the cone, increasing mass...but as far as the technical details, someone else can chime in who's more knowledgeable.

i read "molded to my roof" and stopped there. idiot.
who gives a **** what my terminology is. you understood what i was asking. I dont understand why you are trying to create a hassle for me when you know what im trying to do and yet you only attempt to waste my time. if your not going to help me with my question then stop wasting my time. i didnt post a question so i could get criticized by a unknowledgeable immature little child because I said something wrong. stop wasting my time.

who gives a **** what my terminology is. you understood what i was asking. I dont understand why you are trying to create a hassle for me when you know what im trying to do and yet you only attempt to waste my time. if your not going to help me with my question then stop wasting my time. i didnt post a question so i could get criticized by a unknowledgeable immature little child because I said something wrong. stop wasting my time.
I think the majority of people who have said something so far are confused as to why you have 10's and an 8"... Usually a noob thing to do to "make sure they can hit all the different frequencies"...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.