PA1500 Nakamichi 1200 @ 1 Ohm Keeps Blowing Fuses

Participant count
  • Participant list

eldefontes
10+ year member

Maryland
Hey all,

I've got a PA1500 nakamichi powering a SSA 12" ICON at 1 OHM. This is the second time the fuses on the amp have blown, the 6 15A fuses on the back. I have a 100A fuse hooked up right next to it and that has not blown.

This has happened at very very very random times, all amps are adjusted correctly using an Oscope, no clipping.

08 Acura TL -> Stock HU -> ARC ALD -> Mosconi 6to8 -> Mosconi 120.4 -> Arc SE 2075 -> PA-1500 Nakamichi

I've watched the battery with a DMM and I barely see it drop below 13.3v. I need assistance!

Thanks for the help.

Looking for immediate help here please...

just blew 18, 15A fuses. Replaced the 6 that were blown, turned car on, Vol 8, let speakers play for about 1 minute, walked away, came back and sub was cut out.

Replaced the 6 15A fuses again, drove around for 15 minutes and different volumes, 5-35 (35 being max without HU clipping) NO FUSES BLEW. Just got home, let the GF take the car out, she just called me and said the sub cut out again....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.