Orion monoblock

How about taking BigD at his word, saying thank you for the test and moving on. It's somewhat understandable that he might want to re-test the Sundown (for comparison) but to then send it to Ryan for confirmation? If you don't trust the person doing the test don't watch the video's and/or purchase the amp.

i was gonna say.... people are now calling out BigD's ethics? wow... Glad to see someone defending him
I think the only reason this BigD ethics are questioned is because of me.. I mean no offence, and I did not blame him personally, but in my original post i simply stated ALL possibilities of the low numbers. Covering all bases is the best way of process of elimination.

Ive watched big Ds vids for years now, and dont think that he was doing anything wrong. i was more curious of the owner of amp dyno #14 if you look back at post 42 and see what i was on about.

The fan boys are butt hurt. And Jacob cried also.
your right. Im so upset, and Jacob and i are crying right now

This would be a massive blow to SD imo if a 2nd amp needs 14+v. These amps have been marketed for 4 years as capped voltage amps, rated at 12v.

Ive personally seen them clamp a fair amount more on the TL... but the TL dyno doesnt account for THD

Can't speak for the scv 3k...but i had a scv2k doing 2071 car off @ 12.8 on the AMM-1 and One of my svc6ks Car off on the AMM-1 I've gotten 6173 staring voltage was 13.72 dropping to 12.14 and car on with 690amps of alt charging 6banks of caps and a 40ah lithium got 7259 staring voltage 14.96 dropping to 14.42 so mine have done rated at 12v

The plan is BigD is getting another one. If the results are similar he is going to send me that amp to verify the results.
It would be interesting to see the delta between the results you guys attain while testing the very same amps. Other than current supply capabilities possibly being different between the two of you, they should be pretty much identical unless you can account for any minor differences with your respective approaches.
Beyond that, this is one stupid thread.

It would be interesting to see the delta between the results you guys attain while testing the very same amps. Other than current supply capabilities possibly being different between the two of you, they should be pretty much identical unless you can account for any minor differences with your respective approaches.
Beyond that, this is one stupid thread.
I imagine it should be fairly similar, but we shall see....

I know of a competitor getting about 9-9300w from scv 7500 wired in dirt on a ton of caps. Mid 14s. But again, TL doesnt account for THD

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...