Orion monoblock

i completely understand that, but bro, there is a 2V difference here!! 2 fkn whole volts!!!! and this one does less??

i hate to throw around the word sabotage, as i have watched big d vids for a very long time.. that said, i am more likely to believe jacobs tests are skewed. he noted that he shipped the amps to be tested.. who ever has dyno # 14 has some explaining to do.

And, whats funny, is by BigDwiz tests, Sundown does NOT make rated.. it took 14.62V to make 3004W. drop that voltage to 14.4v and hmm...

cant post pics for some reason, links instead

https://ibb.co/jQFLXJ

https://ibb.co/daKazy

Last edited by a moderator:
This the one? It made my hernia repair twitch just looking at it, lol.

1514029253726_preproductionsplx.jpg
I saw the sub at Tim’s shop. It was just stupid. Very poorly built. Just for attention imo.

yeah most shops have the 15" for 2k, f*cking 2grand for that pos, isnt a full carbon dd z 18 like 1700? who want that kind of weight on a single driver, id feel like a b*tch calling a buddy for help to load a single 15 lol

yeah most shops have the 15" for 2k, f*cking 2grand for that pos, isnt a full carbon dd z 18 like 1700? who want that kind of weight on a single driver, id feel like a b*tch calling a buddy for help to load a single 15 lol
Z is over $3k for the 18

That almost made me pass out laughing lol:hilariou:

Every amp is different. U can have 10 of the same svc 3k amps and they will all clamp different numbers, prly all within 500watts of each other.
i completely understand that, but bro, there is a 2V difference here!! 2 fkn whole volts!!!! and this one does less??

i hate to throw around the word sabotage, as i have watched big d vids for a very long time.. that said, i am more likely to believe jacobs tests are skewed. he noted that he shipped the amps to be tested.. who ever has dyno # 14 has some explaining to do.

And, whats funny, is by BigDwiz tests, Sundown does NOT make rated.. it took 14.62V to make 3004W. drop that voltage to 14.4v and hmm...

cant post pics for some reason, links instead

https://ibb.co/jQFLXJ

https://ibb.co/daKazy

So, is this "DSPLX" series Orion is now offering a fairly recent development? They seem to be a few steps beyond the standard HCCA series so, I'm assuming this is something relatively new. Any other manufacturers out there using a similar board layout? Might give you some idea about durability.

Wonder if Jacob has anything to say about the two amps that got tested. Reading some of the comments on youtube is tough to keep up as well as on FB.

what i dont understand, is why /how did the Sundown do so poorly? i mean, all BS aside as i really didnt even care about the orion numbers, its impressive for a 5k amp @ $600.. but i was more interested in what MY svc 3k can do on the dyno.. Going off Jacobs post here:
SCV Amplifiers : Amp Dyno - Car Audio Classifieds!

it shows my 3k doing 3334W @ 12.67V certified, and big D dyno shows 3004W @ 14.62V ???

HTF is it that far off from one dyno to another of the same dyno?? Somewhere, there is error among us.
I'd chalk up 10% variance from one amp to another as just parts tolerance and third world quality control.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the purpose of that series Sundown amp was to run on real-world voltage? May well be the SAE series makes about the same power at 12.4V?

Wonder if Jacob has anything to say about the two amps that got tested. Reading some of the comments on youtube is tough to keep up as well as on FB.
Jacob responded on Facebook and stated the amp must be faulty. BigD and I talked and he was told by amp lab the SCV3k is a modified board from the SAZ2500... So I tend to believe the numbers BigD got were accurate.

Jacob responded on Facebook and stated the amp must be faulty. BigD and I talked and he was told by amp lab the SCV3k is a modified board from the SAZ2500... So I tend to believe the numbers BigD got were accurate.
It's not like the Sundown did poorly. But, when compared directly against that obviously waaay underrated Orion amp, it comes off looking bad.

I'd bet this isn't the last time we see these two amps dyno'd. Dereck's video has caused a lot of uproar and I suspect there's a "Round II" coming sometime in the near future.

Ryan, you might even want to offer to do a second confirmation test. Maybe even with two different amps of the same models?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...